New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2020-05-01 18:23:26

TestID17739

Im happy I now signed up

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very web savvy so I'm not 100% positive. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

#2 2020-05-01 20:03:47

kbd512
Administrator

Re: Im happy I now signed up

The software required to start a web forum is freely available online, but it frequently does cost a pretty penny to keep spammers from ruining it for everyone else, or at least that's been our experience here on the New Mars Forums where we're constantly bombarded with spam generated by unscrupulous people.  Although I fail to understand the purpose behind such petty behavior, it seems to preoccupy people who could easily make enough money to do whatever they wanted to do by using their talent for computer programming to do something that someone else thinks is worthwhile.  Suiting up and going to work everyday may not particularly appeal to those people, but my point remains.

Board footer