New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2004-10-08 13:51:41

BWhite

Re: Sol-III and other - Mars or space web-logs

wgc again claims Bush is good for space and Kerry is a train wreck. Been there, done that. Whatever.  :;):

However, I have to say his http://sol3.typepad.com/]Sol-III website offers some interesting possibilities for some space related fun. 

So setting all that election hoopla aside, I ask, who can point me to other "cool" space themed bloigs?

Since typepad and livejournal are so darn cheap, maybe I will create a website that provides links to cool space blogs others create.

Thoughts?

Give someone a sufficient [b][i]why[/i][/b] and they can endure just about any [b][i]how[/i][/b]

#2 2004-10-15 08:19:02

wgc
Banned
Website

Re: Sol-III and other - Mars or space web-logs

Yes sol3:darkside is a little project of mine that I hope to get back to very soon. I promise the political junk will be archived once the election is over. I’m sorry but I think President Bush would be better for the country and certainly the space program, that is my opinion and I respect all opinions.
Sol3 is envisioned as a novel, my first, and I’m not sure I have all the skills to do a full novel. So I thought what I would do is put a chapter out at a time and post it to the web and see what the reaction from readers are.
That’s were I am now.

In addition to that I wanted to do the following:

·    Provide an initial scenario for a chapter, and let 
             registered users contribute, i.e. I would provide a 
             brief overview of what was taking place and the
             user could contribute the rest.
·   
             Provide and area where registered users can 
             brainstorm some of the sites and equipments for the
             story.

·     Provide a blog of real space events.
·    Provide an area were registered users could
            brainstorm real designs, like all the discussions of cev
            designs in this forum. I’m not sure a forum is the 
            best venue for something like that. I’m thinking 
            maybe a wiki would be better.

So that’s the overall plan, I have two shared hosting sites, one has 60gb per month of bandwidth and 1.2 g of storage the other has 800 mb of storage.

The tool available on the sites is:

Moveable type – which the typepad blog may be moved to soon.
Mamboserver – a really cool cms like phpnuke
Invisionboard – forum

And wiki

Look at our other site http://www.distributed-home.com]www.distributed-home.com that has nothing to do with space to see were I might go,

so what do you think any interest?
I will be looking for in addition to contributors, moderators and web page suggestions.

portal.holo-spot.net

Board footer