New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-01-30 13:06:29

Palomar

Re: "Mars Society Week" - San Diego Mayor's Pronouncement

*This is top news at MS web site:

San Diego Mayor declares February 2 - 8th
"Mars Society Week"

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2003-01-30 21:42:48

Phobos

Wow, not bad when the mayor of a big city like San Diego gives tribute to the cause of exploring Mars.  I wonder how that ended up on the agenda.  Is there any kind of public event planned to celebrate the week?  I guess we could always slip down into Tijuana and tank up in celebration.

To achieve the impossible you must attempt the absurd

#3 2003-01-31 00:35:41

Shaun Barrett

I'll drink to that!!!
                                       big_smile

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

Board footer