New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2012-02-15 06:52:07

Rune
Banned

NASA's 2013 Budget.

Well, the new presidential proposal for a budget is out. And with it, the time to discuss NASA's budget for this year begins! A few links in case you want to see the budget yourselves and you somehow are very Google-impaired:

NASA's site for the budget.

OMB's page for the whole thing. (Warning, huge .pdf in there with the whole federal budget, not just NASA's)

Among the reactions:

A summary by Keith Cowing from NasaWatch
The Planetary Society's take on it
Comments on commercial crew

And my personal favorite:

Rep. Rohrbacher's take on it.

"Any more of this kind of "leadership" and soon NASA's entire budget will be consumed by JWST and the SLS, two things that won't have made it off the launch pad ten years from now."

I don't know who he (/she?) is (I've got enough with the politicians in my country), but boy, is he right.

Rune. Criticizing is fun!

In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a "bad move"

Board footer