New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2005-12-05 17:35:57

showtime17
Banned

Re: Multiverse

What do you think of the idea of a multiverse, where at every quantum decision a new parallel universe is born.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

#2 2005-12-05 18:08:25

Dook
Banned

It's just too much for me.  Every intersection in life generates another universe just to see what happens to my twin who went the other way?

Why would that even be?  Just to see which universe finds the quickest way to perfection?

While I do think that perfection is the hope for the universe I just don't think it's the prevailing reason for it (the universe). 

The journey is what it's all about.  Not what happens if I would have taken that left turn but how I learn and grow from ALL the wrong turns I've made in the past. 

One universe is big enough.

#3 2005-12-06 04:25:20

chat

showtime17,

I belive that the multiverse exists simply as a boundary to one universe is another universe bubble etc etc.

Why not have a universe of infinite expanding and contracting bubbles, seems as logical for that as for one expanding and contracting universe.

But i don't believe that a quantum multiverse exists simply because of the interference it would produce in each universe.

The universe isn't being pushed apart faster.
It is being pulled faster towards the clumpy edge.

#4 2005-12-06 16:29:30

showtime17
Banned

Well for the interferences, I've read somewhere that maybe the "dark" matter in the universe is actually matter from other dimensions interfering in our own. So maybe the fact that we can't really find this "dark" matter, might give credence to the multiverse theory.

#5 2005-12-06 19:06:29

chat

showtime17,

I think dark matter will largely turn out to be failed stars, black holes, dust and gas.
If we guess at 5 failed stars for every star we see and 100 small black holes per galaxy it accounts for most of the missing mass.

The increasing push we seem to be experiencing in our universe might not be dark matter at all.

It could simply be that our universe has more than 50% of the matter on the outside pulling on the less than 50% on the inside.

In fact in any explosion more than 50% of the explosion material is at the edge, so it seems that the universe would follow similar laws.

The onion skin universe where the outside moving towards the inside  collides at some point and nullifies all movement.

The speedup of the universe might already be telling us the outside is now moving towards the inside, or the outside has lost 2x the outward %  of the speedup we perceive.

After the two barriers collide a slow takeover from gravity to the collapse.
A big bang when gravity attempts to defy the time space laws.

Just my thoughts though smile

The universe isn't being pushed apart faster.
It is being pulled faster towards the clumpy edge.

#6 2005-12-07 06:51:10

SpaceNut
Administrator

Exploding dark-matter balls predicted

A new type of dark matter made up of collections of atoms that form balls up to 20 centimetres in size has been predicted by two theorists in Scotland and Denmark. The balls, which could weigh about 1011 kilograms each, would be hard to detect but may exist inside heavy stars.

#7 2005-12-07 14:04:27

publiusr
Banned

Yikes. I seem to remember an energy storage 'medium called "Q-balls." Anyone have anything on that?

#8 2023-10-23 16:39:05

Mars_B4_Moon

The idea of inflationary and many-worlds interpretation, worth a buimp maybe

an experiment if there is Multiverse (Anton Petrov)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sYy7_XyN8k

Board footer