New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-10-05 23:50:18

Seaerlas
Banned

Re: Discussion on TAMPERING with the truth (revised)

Dear MSSS,
These past couple of months i have noticed an increase in deliberate manipulation of images that seem to makee no sense at all, unless taken in context with artificial structures, biology, and/or the presence of liquid water.
I certainly know i'm not the first (nor will i be the last) to express this, but i will scream this message (again)...
WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE TOO SENSITIVE TO SEE ANY PROOF OF LAKES, TREES, MACROSCOPIC/MICROSCOPIC LIFE?
Are we so scared to see the possibility of proof of our "neighbors" that at the merest hint of proof, we will hang ourselves in fear??? Stampede in horror to the nearest exit???
HMMM?
WELL????
How about a real lobby to see unaltered images? How about some real colors? Kodak 30 years ago perfected red, and you can't reasonably show a color pic???
We may be a bit frightened as a society to accept the reality of the (recent fad) Greys, but as far as Mars is concerned...c'mon...
C"MON!!!!
The power of RAM and GIGABYTES has given the common man the ability to confirm a massive cover-up. (ZOOM with a good (free) graphics program is very possible).
lx51p.exe (google and download)
Show the real thing, MSSS...we know the capability to see a human (sized) being from 250 miles away exists. Stop blurring the pics.
Earth forbid we get our feelings (beliefs) hurt.

Skipper has some very interesting things to show/teach us at his site...
Pay attention to the "real tubes" and the "collossi" articles...I have some new discoveries that I will be posting soon.
http://marsanomalyresearch.com/

#2 2005-10-06 18:57:05

Dook
Banned

Just curious, what makes you so positive that there is any life on mars? 

Do you deny that mars has extreme cold temperatures, a toxic carbon dioxide atmosphere, and hostile solar rays?  Also there is no evidence of any organic material anywhere on the surface of mars so how do you figure there are humanoids there?

#3 2005-10-06 22:52:58

Seaerlas
Banned

RE: Dook
"Do you deny that Mars has extreme cold temperatures"?
***No, BUT (I live in an area that reaches -30 to -35 degrees F, and Yakutsk  Siberia gets to -54 to -81 (coldest reported) degrees F, and they STILL live there).
http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/ … /7164/978)

[Do you deny that Mars has] "a toxic carbon dioxide atmosphere"?
***Yes (see the link to Skippers site below), there is plenty of life creating oxygen on Mars.

[Do you deny that Mars has] "hostile solar rays"?
***No  (not enough of a thick ozone atmosphere to prevent solar radiation to the surface, but then again, look at our own deteriorating atmosphere, and we STILL SURVIVE... ever wonder how we will live when it is as bad as Mars? Probably underground/under domes).

"Also there is no evidence of any organic material anywhere on the surface of mars so how do you figure there are humanoids there"?
***I was implying that NASA has the capabilities to see human SIZED beings in thier imaging technologies (see evidence at sKipper's site); besides, there is ample evidence of tampering with images that prove the existence of forests, lakes, moss, marshes, structures, fossils, etc, etc...(oxygen generating life?).

I will not waste (too much of) my time explaining to someone whom...

1) Does not comprehend all of a post (the discussion is the TAMPERING of proof of life)
2) Does not check out the links provided,
3) Does not support open-mindedness,
4) etc...

Sorry, Dook, but you have to give a site more than 7 minutes of research on a subject to debunk it.
By the way, to get you started, a little closer to home (our moon) on the TAMPERING issue...can NASA have been more obvious?
http://marsanomalyresearch.com/evidence … bjects.htm 
There are HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of examples of image tampering on Mars (and Mars' moons, our moon, etc.).
SEE SKIPPER'S SITE at:
http://marsanomalyresearch.com/

#4 2005-10-07 18:21:28

Dook
Banned

Oh the inconsistancies. 

Why would NASA provide you with pictures that prove there are forrests and vegetation on mars without claiming it themselves?  They hold press conferences when they think they found evidence of past water's effects on mars.

The link you provided seems to believe that since there is ice on mars that there is also liquid water, and with water there must be forests and other life.  You use the scientific evidence then assume the rest all the while complaining about the exact same scientists who gave you the pictures in the first place. 

Also the pictures of what you believe are forrests are in the southern hemisphere of mars.  It's much too cold there for water to exist.

Even if NASA tampered with the images it does not PROVE that life exists on mars.  The first image in the moon link shows a smear.  How can you assume it's a tall towering object? 

I'm about as open minded a person as you would ever encounter.  If you can't convince me, your cause is hopeless.

#5 2005-10-07 21:05:44

Seaerlas
Banned

Your lack of observation skills are astounding.

#6 2005-10-08 06:35:36

Dook
Banned

Yeah, mine, all of NASA, Russian Space Agency, and ESA. 

I guess we just can't see the forest because all the trees are in the way.

#7 2005-10-08 12:56:29

Seaerlas
Banned

Although the topic was intended to ask why there is a need to tamper with released images...it seems obvious that Dook needs some visuals (yes questioning is a good thing) but, please Dook, READ the posts carefully before replying.
Stop trying to pick a fight with EVERYONE who posts something outside of your range of understanding. Also, stay on a given topic, or POST YOUR OWN full of questions you want answered.
I will post more evidence of tampering later.

2waterlakes80k5ub.jpg

3090islandpatch7zx.jpg

5086watercloser2yt.jpg

1giantplants68k6qh.jpg

1treesfew67k6tw.jpg

#8 2005-10-08 13:29:05

Dook
Banned

It's always the weak who have no power in the real world who love to tell others what to do but only when they can do so safely, in a forum such as this.  Post my own questions?  You haven't sufficiently answered the first ones I posted. 

You think ice = water = oxygen???? 

You see I don't have to stay on a given topic.  I don't have to believe your craziness and neither does the rest of the world.  And there is nothing you can do about it.

#9 2005-10-08 14:13:42

Seaerlas
Banned

I notice you have no comment on the above images.
You are on my ignore list , Dook.
It's pretty obvious you are just a troll, irritating and nothing useful in the context of this thread. (and others I have read).

#10 2005-10-08 16:14:28

Dook
Banned

What's to comment on? 

You are on the WORLD's ignore list no matter what tactics you resort to just to get more hits on your website.

#11 2005-10-09 08:03:48

Rxke

You are on the WORLD's ignore list.

He sure is on mine. Why bother, Dook? These sad types only want attention, either positive or negative.

#12 2005-10-12 23:20:26

Seaerlas
Banned

...and why the authorities have decided to explain all of these away as "defrost patterns" or "dry ice" or other nondescript, boring items?
I would appreciate intelligent conversation on these topics, which is what this forum is supposed to be about.

#13 2005-10-13 06:14:01

Almir

"...and why the authorities have decided to explain all of these away as "defrost patterns" or "dry ice" or other nondescript, boring items?"

Because no known vegetable would obtain to survive in the surface of Mars.

http://spot.colorado.edu/~marscase/cfm/ … orev3.html

#14 2005-10-29 18:03:24

reddragon
Banned

...and why the authorities have decided to explain all of these away as "defrost patterns" or "dry ice" or other nondescript, boring items?

"Nondescript" and "boring" are in no way synonymous with incorrect. Often the truth seems more boring than fantasy. These explanations are not coverups; they are the most likely explanations. Scientists generally apply the principle of Occam's razor, which in this case strongly favors "boring" explanations.

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
              by Douglas Adams

#15 2006-01-05 02:10:14

bobunf

You certainly don't sound too open minded yourself starting with the thread's title:  "Discussion on TAMPERING with the truth."

I don't think these images prove anything about water, and certainly not about vegetation.  If you take a lot of pictures in a complex geological environment, you'll get a lot of weird looking stuff.  True on Earth; true on Mars. 

By the way, where is the evidence of tampering?

Bob

#16 2006-01-05 06:23:37

SpaceNut
Administrator

Also with photos you must take into account the pixel to object size that it precieves. These could be huge formations that only resemble life due changes made in aspect ratio.

#17 2006-01-05 07:23:43

Rxke

Just ignore that idiot.

#18 2007-09-05 14:22:17

Zydar

I heard from a friend I met recently that a fellow had discovered some new evidence of intelligent activity on the planet. Has anyone on the forum heard about this?

#19 2007-09-05 16:06:32

Rota
Banned

I heard from a friend I met recently that a fellow had discovered some new evidence of intelligent activity on the planet. Has anyone on the forum heard about this?

Proof?  Proof is in the eye of the beholder.  I believe you are refering to the images I put forward recently.  As I understand it, people with much more smarts than me are looking at them and what they think is anyones guess as they refuse to comment and went into silent mode. 

I suppose if they think there is anything to them they'll write a book about it later on.  If you want to look at some of the images look at some threads I started right here.  I think they start 7 threads down.

#20 2007-09-06 07:00:45

Zydar

Can anyone tell me how pictures can be posted on the forum?

Thanks in anticipation.

Zydar

#21 2007-09-06 11:43:27

Rota
Banned

Just put the URL the picture is hosted at in between these two tags.

#22 2008-02-03 11:20:50

Gregori

Why would NASA or the US Government cover up Life on Mars. Why would the entire scientific community do that?

The US goverment can't even keep people's social security data secret, what makes you think they could pull off a vast conspiracy like this?

#23 2008-02-09 10:08:54

Terraformer
Website

No, the Conspiricy theory is a government conspiricy. They want people to think they can pull off a huge conspiricy like this when really they can't organize a bun fight in a bakery. Same with 9/11. They want people to think that they can do whatever they want to. (Seen the SouthPark 9/11 truthers episode? You'll know what I'm talking about  lol  lol )

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#24 2008-04-13 13:40:13

Vincent
Banned

“Bun fight in a bakery,” now that’s funny right there I don’t care who you are.
True as well.

Skipper and Mars anomaly research, what a hoot. He keeps posting and I keep looking and hoping he will sober-up.

Skipper serves a purpose, he got me gizzed up years ago. The MRO has shot down most of questions about the Clark Trees. The JPEG compression is responsible for the buildings and towns he has seen.

Vincent

Argument expected.
I don't require agreement when presenting new ideas.

-Dana Johnson

Board footer