New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-10-05 01:24:52

Weave
Banned

Re: MARS AND BEYOND (Part I).

Hello once again.
I have just uploaded Part One of my greatest creation.
It is called MARS AND BEYOND.
Click here to watch MARS AND BEYOND Part I.
It is my pet project and is not complete yet.
It started the night of the first Mars Exploration Rover landing by NASA's Spirit Rover
on January 3rd, 2003. I was able to capture the actual soundtrack of the landing and have incorporated it into this movie.
To view all of the MER experience go to:
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html
Both Rovers are still in great health to this day and continue to make new discoveries.
No other Mars project has even come close to what these two robots, Spirit and Opportunity, have accomplished.
So, my movie will continue as long as these incredible machines are able to function.
So far there are four parts (at this upload size) to it.
I will be uploading the other parts soon so stay tuned.
Thanks for watching it and enjoy.   lol
Weave

[size=18:sig_uid]WEAVE[/size:sig_uid]

#2 2005-10-05 04:26:21

Rxke

Nice one. Some stuff I hadn't seen before, to boot.

Though i thought the titling was a bit too 'slow'... Gave me the early 80's feel...
i know it was probably meant to add the atmosphere, but it is a bit... 'in the way' either let them fade in/out much faster, or do something different with it...

anothe point: while the Vangelis soundtrack fits very good (nice find! big_smile ) it is copyrighted... be careful with that.
Same thing with some footage you us, i think. Most stuff is from NASA, so Fair Use is not a problem, but I think I saw some CGI stuf from Kees Veenenbos, http://home-1.worldonline.nl/~veenen/te … /mars.html , and I think that is copyrighted.

At first I thought the Dan Maas animation was too much, until the "real" mission control commentary kicked in, Great! big_smile

#3 2007-04-11 18:33:12

quasar777

i can`t download this movie. library firewalls in the way. is this movie a kinda fictional portrayal of a Mars mission?

#4 2007-04-12 01:14:27

Rxke

No, it is the MER missions, combination of real footage and Dan Maas CGI stuff, with the actual ground control 'soundtrack' etc.

Board footer