New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-08-01 23:13:21

Echus_Chasma
Website

Re: Volleyball

Hello!

Clark asked me to set-up a game of volleyball. I meant to do this earlier, but this is the first oppertunity I have to do it in where I actually feel like doing it.  tongue

Ok!

The basic premise of the Volleyball game is to improve your writing skill by continuing a storyline much like the Round Robin game currently running; however, Volleyball is different in that each post must be of a different genre. I know sci-fi is the preference here, but a good author should be able to write any genre.

There are a few rules; nothing too complex or anything:

1) Each post should be a different genre, or sub-genre than what has been posted. After a while, most of the obvious ones are taken, then you have to get a bit wacky!   tongue There will be a bit of leway as the used genre list increases, so don't worry too much about that. I will try and start a list of used genres for reference...

2) You have one hour with which to make your entry, so when you intend to post, you simply put up a message saying something along the lines of "Ok, my turn" or something like that so people know not to double-post you. You then write whatever contributions you wish in EDIT mode (and of course, delete the part of the message pertaining to your intention to post).

3) Contributions can be however long or short you wish, provided they can be written within the time frame of an hour. (If after an hour, for whatever reason, someone has not finished their addition, then it is opened up again to whoever wants to post).

4) You can take the story in whatever direction you please, as long as it reasonably follows with the storyline (your discretion here, but pretty much anything is go, as long as you don't start a whole new story or something), but of course, there will be lots of strange directions as the genres change.

5) Posts can be as serious or as humourous as you desire.

6) HAVE FUN! Making writing practice fun is what Volleyball is about!

So... if anyone wants ideas or more information or whatever, follow this http://www.ibdof.com/viewtopic.php?t=2382]link

Sweet, so I guess I should start things off with something quick (opening night for the school Production of the Merchant of Venice is in about 3 hours and I need dinner and to get to school and amp'ed up).

[Lovecraftian Mythos Tale]

I want to tell this from the beginning; I ask that you listen and do not interrupt me. I fear that if interrupted, I would lose my chain of thought and the courage which took years to muster. You, Sven, must keep this knowledge to yourself; there are those who would wish you harm if they ever find out what I am about to tell you. But you must not ignore the lessons you will be taught; you must use this knowledge to deliever as many people as you can and you must do so subtley! Our survival depends on it.

Well, you remember that Ihsahn, do you not? Yes... I first met him back when I was...

[url]http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Echus[/url]

#2 2005-08-02 06:06:08

clark

Re: Volleyball

deleted

Board footer