New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-05-06 16:11:16

Canth

Re: Affiliations

What organizations are affiliated with this board. It is the new mars board, but is linked to from the mars society page. Is there some kind of agreement with them? Do they have some say in the administaration? What other oraganizations are attached to it? Is new mars affiliated with the mars society? I am just curious, thanks.

#2 2002-05-06 16:28:23

Adrian
Website

New Mars is the official online magazine of the Mars Society, and the New Mars forums are the official forums of the Mars Society. So, basically, New Mars is directly run by the Mars Society administration through me. I think this is a good thing - it means I don't have to pay for the webhosting  smile

But seriously, yes, they do have a say in the administration. I don't consider myself to be part of the higher echelons of the Mars Society at all, and people like Robert and Maggie Zubrin generally let me do whatever I want, beyond slating the Mars Society directly. I think they keep an eye on this site and the forums, although I rarely hear from them (apart from when I tell them another bill is due).

This is basically why we have a link on the main page to the Mars Society, asking people to join up. I don't keep any of this a secret - if you go to the About New Mars page it's explained briefly there.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#3 2002-05-06 17:50:01

Canth

Thank you very much. I didn't think of looking for an about new mars area. Rather foolish of me. Sorry to bother you.  smile

Board footer