New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-02-05 01:03:12

Pulaskee
Banned

Re: Hello all. - I thought i might itroduce my self.

Hi, Im Matthew. I feel quite small posting here as i can see you many posters..or them that post a lot are brilant, or at least scintific to some extent. I am still in colage aculy just starting only in my secound semester. so please bare with me if i post something foolish. I love Mars and have read a few book on it, most were just your basic "this is mars" books but my most charished one is 'The case for Mars'. I do tend to have a vivid imagination and have come up with many Mars landers, though many are to advanced or impratical.. I have done a few that make some sence and made basic 3D models of them. I hope that by posting here and poking around that i can help in some way and of corse learn. Thank you for you time.

I am an amateur at best.

#2 2005-02-05 01:20:26

Rxke

Welcome, Pulaskee!

don't worry about feeling small, everybody (well.. most...) here start feeling 'small,' but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to post or spout some imaginative ideas, IMO.

Have fun!

#3 2005-02-05 01:22:13

Pulaskee
Banned

Thanks i plan on it.

I am an amateur at best.

#4 2005-02-05 06:01:50

Palomar

*Hello and welcome.  Rik's right.  :up:

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#5 2005-02-16 15:27:02

Scnigey
Banned

I am also new here. I didn't want to create any more posts for the moderators to clean up, so I decided to just indroduce myself here. Anyways, a little about myself. My name is Brian, I am in my second semester at the University of South Florida in Tampa. As of now, my major is chemistry. I will probably finish out that major. In the end, I wish to become a planetologist though. It will be a long road and hard work along the way, but the end result is my ultimate dream. Mars has always fascinated me, and it is the sole reason for me becoming a planetologist.

I hope to meet many new people in here with the same interests as mine. I want to contribute to the discussions as much as possible, and come up with some of my own ideas. I hope to actually help, since this will be my career...hopefully. Well, nice to meet all of you, and here we go!

If you would like to talk about any aspect of Mars, or anything else, please feel free to contact me. As you can see, you have many ways to get a hold of me as shown below!  smile

#6 2005-02-16 15:42:40

Grypd

Failte Scnigey

Hope you enjoy new mars and learn as much as I have

Chan eil mi aig a bheil ùidh ann an gleidheadh an status quo; Tha mi airson cur às e.

#7 2005-02-17 01:14:11

Rxke

Scnigey, join the club!
Always love to see people following their dreams, and actually study the stuff they're *interested* in, not the stuff that theoretically could make them more money.  :up:

I guess the debate about life on Mars, by the methane signature, interests you? Remnants of vulcanic activity or byproducts of life...

Zoom over to the section 'Life on Mars, and pipe in!'

Board footer