New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-06-13 14:22:19

Adrian
Website

Re: The New Mars Index - For all your Mars needs

I was reading the topic on Food in the Life Support Systems forum and was going to add a quick reply about the possibility of growing meat-tissue in vitro, which would satisfy meat-eaters and provide a low-energy way of 'growing' meat.

I then realised that I've already mentioned this possibility at least twice before and wondered whether there was any point bringing it up again.

This kind of thing inevitably happens a lot on forums as new information and news comes along and new members join, resulting in topics being rehashed again and again. A solution would be to create an index of the very best New Mars discussions sorted by topic which members and all Internet users could refer and link to. I certainly think we've had some great discussions in many forums and I would hate to see them disappear into obscurity.

What I intend to do in the very near future is to create a monthly-updated (or thereabouts) page containing the 'best of' the New Mars forums. This sort of thing would be pretty good for a New Mars newsletter as well.

So, once again, I turn to the New Mars members to give suggestions for good threads in these forums! And don't feel too modest about nominating threads in which you've taken a large role.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

Board footer