New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-11-05 21:00:42

flashgordon

Re: russia building a battlestar galactica?

My father pointing out a paragraph from an independent intelligence organization paper that russia was working on a revolutionary spaceplane; it is round and will hold like sixteen hundred passengers; it will get into orbit as well; all I can tell you is that I read the paper; take it for what it is worth; the paper is usually just about politics and government stuff, but there is was stuck at the very bottom on the page.

I forgot what the intelligence outfits name was, but there is no reason for this group of people to post something like this . . .

#2 2003-11-05 21:08:11

flashgordon

http://www.stratfor.com/corporate/static_index.neo

that is the website of the group; my father gets news from a friend of his.

#3 2003-11-06 02:41:40

Free Spirit
Banned

I also heard some days ago that Russia was working on a vertically launched transport that would take people from Moscow to New York in one hour.  They estimated the price of the tickets to be about $10,000 per passenger.  Whether they'll actually pull it off I don't know, but in the archives at Astronautix.com, there's a Mig project about a similiar system for military uses.  Wonder if they're actually going to attempt to build it.

My people don't call themselves Sioux or Dakota.  We call ourselves Ikce Wicasa, the natural humans, the free, wild, common people.  I am pleased to call myself that.  -Lame Deer

#4 2003-11-07 02:25:45

flashgordon

i suspect the gamma ray propulsion idea that I started in my last thread . . . as being what they have in mind to make for this revolutionary spacecraft.

Board footer