New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-01-26 11:59:13

clark

Re: ISS complete? - When?

Can anyone shed some light on the current status of ISS (as in what has been constructed)?

I am also wondering the number, and make-up (as in what modules) of additional ISS components need to be added for US 'Core complete'.

And lastly, how many Shuttle flights will it take to finish the US commitment to ISS?

#2 2004-01-26 12:19:25

Rxke

i read somewhere there were 24 or 25 shuttle launches to do before retirement. That's quite a lot...

ah yes:
[http://www.aviationnow.com/avnow/news/c … 264wna.xml]here... posted this in the CEV thread too...

#3 2004-01-26 12:26:29

Rxke

quick sum: four launches: i european columus module, 3 for the japanese: module, centrifuge and 'outboard' pallet, photovoltaic truss errr... another 3(?)
and then the solar arrays, some cargo missions (can't they use the ESA ATV for that...) errrr... 24? Huh?

I used to know all this stuff by heart, but NASA kept changing their plans, and i don't know if there is still a 'timeline' on their site, since columbia...

(*scrambles off to nasa.gov*)

#4 2004-01-26 12:33:02

Rxke

Read it and weep... or smile, i dunno...

[http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/future/index.html]Timeline

25 Orbiter flights listed....

Board footer