New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-06-16 10:04:10

Palomar

Re: SpaceShipOne & Laughing Gas

http://www.space.com/businesstechnology … o...rubber

*Okay, interesting.  :-\  Maybe that's what's going on in another thread here...beware nitrous oxide.  wink

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2004-06-16 11:04:43

Rxke

I can't believe Space.com posting this, this is so... old news it's starting to smell!

i think if you google it , you can find gazillions of bad jokes about this, more than a year old

(Okay, I confess: i never liked Space.com for some reason... So i take any chance to swipe at them i can, like *2* popups everytime i visit? Ugh, makes me glad i changed to the Mozilla browser, for sure!)

#3 2004-06-16 11:29:34

Palomar

I can't believe Space.com posting this, this is so... old news it's starting to smell!

i think if you google it , you can find gazillions of bad jokes about this, more than a year old

*Really??  yikes 

Well...  ???

I'm sure I'd not read this before, but I do so much reading.

Yeah, space.com makes it sound like it's NEW news...

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

#4 2004-06-16 12:14:06

Rxke

aaaaw... Sorry Cindy, this was *not* meant as a critique on you, after re-reading my entry, it does sound a bit (?) blasé, mr-know-it-all...

It's just that i not only frequent NewMars a lot (toom much?), but I'm following the Reusable launch vehicules eagle-eyed, too. All of 'em, heehee...

BTW, Armadillo did a very nice testlaunch of (one of) their subscale vehicule(s), check their site! J.C. has stated he's going orbital in the -unspecified- future, too!

No, I never sleep, why do you ask?  big_smile

#5 2004-06-16 12:45:22

Palomar

aaaaw... Sorry Cindy, this was *not* meant as a critique on you, after re-reading my entry, it does sound a bit (?) blasé, mr-know-it-all...

It's just that i not only frequent NewMars a lot (toom much?), but I'm following the Reusable launch vehicules eagle-eyed, too. All of 'em, heehee...

BTW, Armadillo did a very nice testlaunch of (one of) their subscale vehicule(s), check their site! J.C. has stated he's going orbital in the -unspecified- future, too!

No, I never sleep, why do you ask?  big_smile

*No sleep?  yikes 

I didn't take anything personally...so there's absolutely no need for you to apologize or anything. 

Okay Rik, so you're running on adrenaline (lack of sleep)...I'm running on stress.  Too bad there's not a way to bottle up those sorts of energies and sale them to the rocket companies.   :;):

--Cindy

#6 2004-06-16 13:13:19

Rxke

Hee Hee...

To make sure: i do sleep, i'm just behind my 'puter too much, oftentimes.

(and sometimes i *do* not sleep for days, running on caffeine, too bad my voice wears out after day two... Wich is a real bugger on oral exams and the like...)

Board footer