New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-11-11 11:43:31

Palomar

Re: MICE & Mars Hoppers

Read Me

*I'm fairly certain similar article(s) have been mentioned/posted here previously regarding this.  It seems familiar, anyway, but Search didn't yield up any results.

This is from the "Plus Ultra Technologies, Inc." folks. 

Note also the link to "Xanadu -- Life in a Mature Mars Colony."  There are additional links within it.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2003-11-11 11:52:40

Bill White

Cindy, you are one of a small number of people whom I trust when they type click here or Read Me

big_smile

When other rather less ethical people type click here the gullible are sometimes transported, shall we say, to some rather unpleasant images.

Anyone know a simple tool to view a hyperlink address before clicking? [Update - Right click then "Properties" appears to reveal the address before clicking]

#3 2003-11-11 15:39:48

clark

Bill, click on 'View' at the top of your internet explorer task bar. make sure that "Status Bar" has a check next to it.

Now, you will have a little Status bar running at the bottom of your Explorer page.

Whenever you place your mouse pointer over a hyper-link, the website you will be directed to will appear in the bottom left hand side of the status bar.

Hope that helps.  smile

#4 2003-11-11 15:52:53

Palomar

Cindy, you are one of a small number of people whom I trust when they type click here or Read Me

big_smile

*lol.  That's good to know, Bill.  smile

Now a question of my own (to anyone):  Why does the word "Xanadu" seem so connected to space stuff?  I see it occasionally enough. 

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

Board footer