New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-08-09 16:31:26

ant of stargrail
Website

Re: Magick Squares - The Principle of Magic Squares

I have been asked by Morris in interplanetary transportation to start a new thread with my answer, so here it is.

The math I study is a three dimensional math. It can be represented on paper, but the medium is difficult and there are so many different ways of seeing.

Magic Squares are equal squares with number. Magick Squares are Cubes in an equal square grid with consequetive numbers above 1.

Alphabet, Number and Shape.

Imagine a Cube made of 27 equal cubes. This is a 3x3x3 Cube. 26 are visable on the ouside, the one in the middle is there or is it?, it cannot be seen, this is the http://www.superstringtheory.com/blackh/blackh4.html]26 dimentions plus boson of superstring theory. It just so happens to be the number of letters in the English Alphabet. Thats 26 letters plus the space inbetween words.

Making a shape out of 10 cubes, (4 sided tetrahedron 1+2+3+4) one can get a 3 cubetetracolumn (3 layers: 1,3,6) and a 3 square, two in the middle and eight surrounding. There is a completely buried cube in two halves in the 3 square, which we use as number 0 in our numbering system. It's abstractly galaxy shape. Are they sure the universe is doughnut shape, could it rather be a 10 squared shape?

Our alphabet and numbering system is applied superstring theory. I do believe there is another space, within a 3x3x3 cube, a total of 28 cubes, a perfect number.

A framework of 10 tetrahedons have 36 lines. The configuration of a double stellated tetrahedron.

In a single stellated tetrahedron the centre is hidden and only 4 can be seen on the surface, but in fact there are 5.

I understand one way of looking at the math behind the stellated tetrahedron in the magick squares 'sharing space frames' and 'time frames' is self awareness.

The numbering system produces a different type of times table:

3x3=10
4x4=20
5x5=35
6x6=56

A variation of the gravity wheel I am building is the first application of the 3x3=10.

http://www.stargrail.co.uk]Ant

"Everything is impossible until its not". Cpt JL Picard.

#2 2004-08-09 17:46:37

Euler

Your explanation is a bit confusing.  If I understand correctly, your number system has a different "times" operation (I'll call it ~).  It appears that

1~1=1
2~2=4
and n~n = n*n+(n-2)~(n-2) for n>2

Is this correct?  How does your times operation work when you are not "squaring" a number?

#3 2004-08-09 18:21:47

Morris
Banned

Ant,

Thanks much for the thread. I am pathetic at structural visualization so I guess I need to go to the toy store and buy some cubes to play around with.

Not that that will always help me much. I know I can physically make a 3 x 3 cube with one fully hidden single cube in the middle. And I can understand that this is a total of 10 cubes, the 9 unit cubes and the large cube.

Now, for the 3 x 3 x 3 hypercube. Let's see, I make my first 3 x 3 cube. Now where do I put my next cube? It can't be adjacent to any cube in the first set because that would violate the 3 x 3 requirement. So I guess the hypercube cannot be made in three dimensional space. Is it really true that in the 27 unit hypercube that only one unit cube cannot be seen from the outside? I can remotely see that it might be true because in the 4th dimension you will be able to see a lot  of faces but I'm afraid that with that you have come to the extreme limit of my powers of visualization. As an aside what makes the number 28 a "perfect" number?

Now my question,

Making a shape out of 10 cubes, (4 sided tetrahedron 1+2+3+4) one can get a 3 cubetetracolumn (3 layers: 1,3,6) and a 3 square, two in the middle and eight surrounding. There is a completely buried cube in two halves in the 3 square, which we use as number 0 in our numbering system. It's abstractly galaxy shape. Are they sure the universe is doughnut shape, could it rather be a 10 squared shape?

are these 10 cubes unit cubes? In other words, can I actually make this tetrahedron in our 3-dimensional world?

A variation of the gravity wheel I am building is the first application of the 3x3=10.

Practical appications are neat. I will be fascinated when it is complete. I guess I need to do a search and find out what a "gravity wheel" is in case people mean something by it more than  a spinning Von Braun doughnut.

Again, thanks for the post.

#4 2004-08-10 09:19:05

bolbuyk

Sorry, ant, I posted my questions on the wrong thread.

1. Why not counting 36 cubes instead of 28? The 2x2x2 cubes inside the 3x3x3 cube are also cubes, I think?

2. What about alphabeths with a different amount of characters? (Swedish, Russian, Greec, Chinese, Japanese, Arabian,....)

#5 2004-08-10 10:14:44

ant of stargrail
Website

Your explanation is a bit confusing.  If I understand correctly, your number system has a different "times" operation (I'll call it ~).  It appears that

1~1=1
2~2=4
and n~n = n*n+(n-2)~(n-2) for n>2

Is this correct?  How does your times operation work when you are not "squaring" a number?

Sorry I didn't explain very well.

In the normal times table numbers are arranged in rows and columns.

As you can see the last column contains the 3 times table up to 10x.

1    2   3
4    5   6
7    8   9
10  11  12
13  14  15
16  17  18
19  20  21
22  23  24
25  26  27
28  29  30

Magic Squares

Magic squares represent the first equal block. In the 3 magic square the numbers are from 1 to 9. These are rearranged to equal 15 in eight directions.

8   1   6
3   5   7
4   9   2

Currently the Magic Square can start at any number and sometimes the line value matches the line value of other squares. This is known as sharing and then it gets deeper into sharing time and space frames.

Magick Squares

Magick Squares do not normally have a start value of 1 as the framework of two tetrahedrons are needed to make a cube. The minimum 'normal number' start value is 2. This does make it very confusing when trying to explain so I will ignore this fact for the moment.

Magick Squares follow the same math pattern rules as Magic Squares. One way this Magick Square can be written on flat space, is

1   1   1
1   2   1
1   1   1

Ignoring the above rule the hidden cube in the middle is the first cube and is for this purpose numbered 1. The first (Alpha) to be seen is numbered 2 and the last (Omega) 10. This gives a constant line vaue of 18.

2   3   4
5   6   7
8   9  10

The Magick Square of 3

Alpha 2 : Omega 10

3 rows by 3 columns = 10

1   1   1                     2   3   4
  1   2   1                     5   6   7
  1   1   1                     8   9  10

The Magick Square of 4

Alpha 5 : Omega 20

4 rows by 4 columns = 20

1   1   1   1                5  6   7  8
  1   2   2   1                9 10 11 12
  1   2   2   1               13 14 15 16
  1   1   1   1               17 18 19 20

The Magick Square of 5

Alpha 11 : Omega 35

5 rows by 5 columns = 35

1   1   1   1   1          11   12   13    14   15
  1   2   2   2   1          16   17   18    19   20
  1   2   3   2   1          21   22    23   24   25
  1   2   2   2   1          26   27    28   29   30
  1   1   1   1   1          31   32    33   34   35

This shape link between cubetetracolumns and Magick Squares is an important one.

I hope you get the idea now.

#6 2004-08-10 10:41:10

ant of stargrail
Website

Now, for the 3 x 3 x 3 hypercube. Let's see, I make my first 3 x 3 cube. Now where do I put my next cube? It can't be adjacent to any cube in the first set because that would violate the 3 x 3 requirement. So I guess the hypercube cannot be made in three dimensional space.

Just like a particle is a wave a sphere is also a cube. It's square face cannot be locked into another, but its incomplete corners can.

Is it really true that in the 27 unit hypercube that only one unit cube cannot be seen from the outside? I can remotely see that it might be true because in the 4th dimension you will be able to see a lot  of faces but I'm afraid that with that you have come to the extreme limit of my powers of visualization.

The cube of 27 has corners imagine them points. If you were to count the points it would be the same as a 4x4x4=64 a cube of the forth dimension.

As an aside what makes the number 28 a "perfect" number?

28 is a perfect number in Math because its the sum of its divisors 1+2+4+7+14=28.

are these 10 cubes unit cubes? In other words, can I actually make this tetrahedron in our 3-dimensional world?

The cubes are unit cubes 1x1x1, yes. All you need is 10 dice to see the shape.

Practical appications are neat. I will be fascinated when it is complete. I guess I need to do a search and find out what a "gravity wheel" is in case people mean something by it more than  a spinning Von Braun doughnut.

Try this link on http://www.besslerwheel.com]Bessler  The wheel I have, looks by far the most promising model yet, but it is now very expensive to extend, I may have to rescale the whole thing.

#7 2004-08-10 13:04:39

ant of stargrail
Website

1. Why not counting 36 cubes instead of 28? The 2x2x2 cubes inside the 3x3x3 cube are also cubes, I think?

Already have, 36 cubes can be found surrounding the Magick Square of 10. It's origin, the sum of eight. The 2x2x2 cube has a 3x3x3 framework.

2. What about alphabeths with a different amount of characters? (Swedish, Russian, Greec, Chinese, Japanese, Arabian,....)

We all have our LOS (language operating system). Mine is English, East London. All my 'warp drive twists' are dependant on it's culture. My interest in alphabets is to do with their order.

After I have completed the wheel I am concidering placing my alphabetic N into space. That is to reorder my internal alphabet to change the 14th letter to space to see the effect. This will  displace the rest of my alphabet so that N to Z would be the 15th to 27th letter of the alphabet, the 14th being space. Huh, I could add another space at the end and be spoilt for choice which space I choose between words.

14 is the math of a double tetrahedron which to me represents life. The contemplation is to link life and space together into my psyche.

Concider for a minute Arnie in the films Terminator... He says.. "I'll be BAC", improbable as it sounds his ABC was BAC. After all how can one track the time lines without some kind of trace like an altered alphabet. What would happen if children at school was taught ACB instead of ABC.
Their third letter would be B. Will their C 3 be freed to B 3?

#8 2004-08-10 13:17:41

Palomar

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/physics-04t.html]How many squares, Mr. Franklin?

*I thought I'd add this.  I posted it months ago in the old "Benjamin Franklin" thread.

Thought it might be of interest.  And considering how lousy I am at math, I doubt I'll be contributing much more to this thread.   :laugh:

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#9 2004-08-10 14:16:45

Morris
Banned

Franklin regarded his squares as "incapable of useful application." But Ahmed's methods can also be used to find whole-number solutions to problems of linear equations. An example would be scheduling aircraft and crew members for an airline, De Loera said.

#10 2004-08-10 14:59:06

ant of stargrail
Website

I found http://www.earthportals.com/Portal_Mess … lles.html] Jose Arguelles' book Earth Ascending an interesting read, he bases the Mayan calender on an 8 Magic Square.

The best time application I have found so far.

www.stargrail.co.uk]Ant

#11 2004-08-11 06:38:49

bolbuyk

We all have our LOS (language operating system). Mine is English, East London. All my 'warp drive twists' are dependant on it's culture. My interest in alphabets is to do with their order.

After I have completed the wheel I am concidering placing my alphabetic N into space. That is to reorder my internal alphabet to change the 14th letter to space to see the effect. This will  displace the rest of my alphabet so that N to Z would be the 15th to 27th letter of the alphabet, the 14th being space. Huh, I could add another space at the end and be spoilt for choice which space I choose between words.

14 is the math of a double tetrahedron which to me represents life. The contemplation is to link life and space together into my psyche.

Concider for a minute Arnie in the films Terminator... He says.. "I'll be BAC", improbable as it sounds his ABC was BAC. After all how can one track the time lines without some kind of trace like an altered alphabet. What would happen if children at school was taught ACB instead of ABC.
Their third letter would be B. Will their C 3 be freed to B 3?

Ant

Am I right if I conclude your theories have something intrinsically subjective, that is, depending on the alphabet you use? It's really intriguing, but I'm afraid I don't understand it totally.

Would some Swedish guy be able to get these insights in the cube and superstrings, despite his 28-charqacter alphabet? Or would he obtain some insight that is in some sense essential to it, where something turns out te be 28? And what about Russia (33)?

#12 2004-08-11 07:06:19

ant of stargrail
Website

Am I right if I conclude your theories have something intrinsically subjective, that is, depending on the alphabet you use?

YES. If you can imagine each individual as a computer. The DOS system being a language. In the Genisis story where language was split up, did the order of them change as well? In Hebrew their ABC was ABG, Aleph, Beth, Gimel.

There is a psycological effect, in a string of sounds and letters one learns. The first three ABC, and each place will 'say' each letter slightly different. Think what images come into your mind thinking of a number, then a letter. Put them together and relate that on the Phyche.

Would some Swedish guy be able to get these insights in the cube and superstrings, despite his 28-charqacter alphabet? Or would he obtain some insight that is in some sense essential to it, where something turns out te be 28? And what about Russia (33)?

28 is a perfect number without a space. I stretch the English language to 27 because of the space between words.

But the language when spoken can be split on the smallest level. DEF the next three letters sounds like Death of Deaf does that mean the 4 begins with D... E... F....

#13 2004-09-10 19:57:20

Stargrail
Website

Magic Squares can be presented in different ways.

Here is a different Alpha and Omega explaining organization on the smallest level.

Normal

14  15  16
17  18  19
20  21  22

A math with a different Alpha of 14 and Omega of 27.

1 2 1 *   15     *
2 2 2 *   16     *   17
1 2 1 *           *
   18   *    20    *  22
   19   *    21    *  23
         *    25    *[
   24   *    26    *    27

[url=http://www.stargrail.co.uk]Ant[/url]

'Everything is impossible until it's not.' Cpt. JL Picard

Board footer