New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#26 2005-11-17 10:12:14

Palomar

Re: Designer Plants on Mars

*Rik:

This is stuff I think up when falling asleep, for Flying Spaghetti Monstersake!

ROFL!  big_smile  That's brilliant.  ::jots down for later use::  Teehee.

... how did this come to be ...

Natural selection couldn't do the job?

I think the bigger question is what about the biology allows it to survive. For instance some plants and animals produce a natural antifreeze to help deal with cold temperatures.

Yeah, that's really cool.  Even if I do get enough of those danged P. whatever's in my work...(for Flying Spaghetti Monstersake!).

Natural antifreeze, hmmmm.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#27 2006-03-18 06:47:19

Palomar

I'd thought these things had been done ages ago already. Sigh. This is stuff I think up when falling asleep, for Flying Spaghetti Monstersake!

big_smile  Rik, I remembered this.  And have now seen this article   tongue   Lol!!

I've converted.  big_smile

Back on topic...

--Cindy  wink

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#28 2007-05-31 12:00:37

Yang Liwei Rocket

I think many of the Astronauts on a future Mars-bound spacecraft will also likely also grow at least some of their food, the Moon if it is to be a success should be also pushing to be self- sufficient but finding the right balanced mix of supplies and then of crops and understanding their effects on both crew and spacecraft are necessary concerns.

'first steps are not for cheap, think about it...
did China build a great Wall in a day ?' ( Y L R newmars forum member )

Board footer