New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-09-10 10:57:36

Icy
Banned

Re: Surviving in Mars

I have a question  smile If a group of humans were going to Mars and they intend to stay there for a period of time, e.g. doing research. What type of equipment would they need? Where can I find reliable information about this kind of equipment e.g. air locks.
Thanks.

#2 2003-09-10 12:47:55

Byron

I would suggest reading Zubrin's "Case for Mars," for starters.  It's a book written in clear, easy-to-understand language about what it would take to launch a bare-bones mission to Mars and how to stay there for an extended period of time.

As for airlocks, that's easy...just have two doors with adequate seals around them...and make sure they are *never* both open at the same time, typical Hollywood sci-fi movies notwithstanding...

B

#3 2003-10-02 05:56:44

alokmohan

Please make short note for persons who have not read the book to quench thirst.

#4 2004-01-23 14:54:01

Cubano

I would sugest going to N.A.S.A.com they have all the info you need their. cool  cool

Board footer