New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-11-03 08:51:07

Kasei
Banned

Re: Japan - Mars - Japanese

I can't find a place to put this so i thought i'd put it here. But does anyone know any of the names of Martian features (Example Olympus Mons) in Japanese.

If so, please post.

#2 2002-11-03 14:52:29

Phobos

Good question.  It's possible those names don't have strict Japanese counterparts but rather could be just modified a little to be more correct in the Japanese syllabary.  I just thought of something, you could go to the site of the Japanese chapter of the Mars Society and email someone there.  Here's the link.

To achieve the impossible you must attempt the absurd

#3 2002-11-08 10:35:06

Number04

On that note, does anyone know of any international efforts to send people to mars? Other then NASA?

#4 2002-11-08 12:04:33

nebob2
Banned
Website

Other then advocacy groups, I am not sure any are directly working to send people to Mars at the moment (not to say they are not working towards it technilogicaly). The ESA has stated that the plan to go to Mars in the long term, and the PRC has also stated that they intend to go as well. I don't know about the Russians, Energia has a plan, but development funds for the technology have been cut for budgetary reasons. NASA has stated several times that going to Mars should be an international effort, but no orginizing has happened to date.

Board footer