New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-06-25 06:41:12

Palomar

Re: You've Been Warned - ...Bell:  Legit alarm or Ding-Dong?

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/oped-04p.html]A Queen's regret?

*He doesn't drop any specific names of the space advocates he's seeking to enlighten with this cautionary article.  Refers to the Ming Dynasty fleet analogy.

Methinks Doctor Bell doth wish to raineth upon our parade.  (However, he does raise some interesting points, IMO).

--Cindy

P.S.:  Dynamics of future Marsian civ/culture; thought I'd place this article in this folder.

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2004-06-25 07:00:09

Cobra Commander

Conversely one could argue that we should give more credibility to raving cranks, just look at the results of funding Columbus, that loon.  big_smile

So if we ever see a picture of Bob Zubrin and George Bush together, who else will be snickering while enthusiastically supporting the mission.  roll

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

#3 2004-06-25 12:22:11

C M Edwards

It just goes to show you: Always keep a crank file.

"We go big, or we don't go."  - GCNRevenger

Board footer