New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2004-05-27 08:57:12

REB
Banned
Website

Re: Enterprise

Anyone watch the season finally of Enterprise.

I like it. Just when I thought this story line was over, boom!, they hit us with that ending.

"Run for it? Running's not a plan! Running's what you do, once a plan fails!"  -Earl Bassett

#2 2004-05-27 09:10:25

Cobra Commander

Yeah, I was starting to wonder what kind of season finale cliffhanger they could come up with.

I certainly didn't expect friggin' Nazis.

Generally I hate time travel stories, which they've had too many of already... as long is this storyline doesn't consume the entire season next time around...

Good twist anyway, didn't see it coming until the old "they're not responding on standard frequencies" play.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

#3 2004-05-27 09:13:54

clark

Nazi's?  :laugh:

Gene Rodenbury must be turning over in his grave! What the hell is going on?

#4 2004-05-27 09:26:44

REB
Banned
Website

Gene used Nazis in the origional Star Trek (Or a Nazis like society).

I like Time Travel stories if they are done right. Back to the Future was great.

I like the blue Andorians. Did they ever show up in ST The Next Generation?

Anyway, once again Star Trek will have me waiting all summer. They did this to me back with STTNG season finally with the Borg attack on Sol.

Lizard Nazis. I bet the Lizard Zindy(sp?) went back in time and took over Hitler’s Germany and then the world.

Now, when they ended the show yesterday, was Trip looking at his present time with an altered past? Or did they travel back in time- the wormhole vortex spit them out in the past- that had been altered?

I guess we will find out in a few months. At least it is interesting.

I like Enterprise. I think they are getting better with Star Trek. TNG was good. Voyager was better and now Enterprise (I never got into DS9).

"Run for it? Running's not a plan! Running's what you do, once a plan fails!"  -Earl Bassett

#5 2004-05-27 10:23:18

Cobra Commander

Somehow I expect the old "sling around the sun to travel through time" thing to play into this at some point.

I'm kinda hoping that they get into some timeline-preservation scenario and to correct some damage they actually have to help the Nazis in some way. I wouldn't rule out a von Braun encounter either.

Reptiloid Nazis, can you get any more evil than that?  big_smile

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

#6 2004-05-27 10:46:40

REB
Banned
Website

What if we are living in an altered history?

I like to write, and I am working on a story where the Nazis caused the Titanic to sink to change history (The Titanic ended up being a troop ship during WWI. The Nazis, who have built a time machine, see sinking the Titanic as the key to getting them in power). In this story originally, the Titanic was not supposed to sink, and we, in fact, are living in an altered history.

Our hero, a time traveler from the 21st century, does not realize this until he discovers what the Nazis are up too (He finds out later that he is the one who gave the Nazis time travel technology). He sets history right(where the Titanic does not sink) and then returns to his future. There he finds the world a nuclear wasteland. As much as he hates to do it, he goes back and sinks the Titanic to restore the Nazis timeline, and his future.

#7 2004-05-27 11:14:27

Bill White

I like to write, and I am working on a story where the Nazis caused the Titanic to sink to change history (The Titanic ended up being a troop ship during WWI. The Nazis, who have built a time machine, see sinking the Titanic as the key to getting them in power). In this story originally, the Titanic was not supposed to sink, and we, in fact, are living in an altered history.

Our hero, a time traveler from the 21st century, does not realize this until he discovers what the Nazis are up too (He finds out later that he is the one who gave the Nazis time travel technology). He sets history right(where the Titanic does not sink) and then returns to his future. There he finds the world a nuclear wasteland. As much as he hates to do it, he goes back and sinks the Titanic to restore the Nazis timeline, and his future.

I recall watching a TV screenplay (Outer Limits maybe) where a future historian goes back in time to save JFK.

After JFK survives Dallas WW3 breaks out in a dispute over Berlin and the world is about to get nuked.

JFK and the scientist/historian together make the personal decision to return to Dallas and the historian watches as JFK gets shot.

#8 2004-05-27 11:21:22

Cobra Commander

I recall watching a TV screenplay (Outer Limits maybe) where a future historian goes back in time to save JFK.

I vaguely recall that one as well. Never saw the end though, guess I don't have to now.  big_smile

Interesting idea REB, but I've got a question. If you were a time travelling Nazi, would you rest your entire plan for the future of the Greater Reich on the sinking of a single troopship used in WWI, which Germany had to lose for the Nazis to gain power in the first place? Or is their some greater significance?

#9 2004-05-27 11:26:00

Bill White

I hereby publically bequeath an idea for an alternate history novel:

In December 1941, simultaneous with the attack on Pearl Harbor, Japanese commandos smuggled to Peru on cargo ships, arrive at Panama disguised as fishermen.

They seize parts of the Panama Canal and blow up the locks.

#10 2004-05-27 11:41:06

REB
Banned
Website

Have you seen any stories where we are actually living in a present where the history was altered by time travelers?  In the original timeline, we did not exist.

I first thought of this while watching Back to the Future. Remember when Marty was playing Jonnie B Goodie in the 1950s. They had him introducing that song. Before he went to the 1950’s, I would have had him play that song in the 1980’s where he wrote it and no one had heard it before. When he got back to the 1980’s he would have been peeved to learn someone else gets the credit for his song.

The way they did it in the movie, they set up one of those wonderful paradox’s where we ask, How could Marty have known about the song before he went to the 1950’s if he is the one who introduced it in the 1950’s.

Star Trek usually does a good job with time travel stories. I like in Enterprise where the Vulcans do not believe in time travel.

#11 2004-05-27 11:45:00

REB
Banned
Website

Cobra, the sinking of the Troop Ship Titanic is a blow to the British. The British loose a major battle (I have to study my history and find the right battle) It turns the tide on the war and the Germans win. They become a great country where the Hitler and his Nazis party, can never gain the power he craves.

#12 2004-05-27 11:58:37

REB
Banned
Website

Okay Bill, what happens next?

#13 2004-05-27 14:16:21

~Eternal~

After JFK survives Dallas WW3 breaks out in a dispute over Berlin and the world is about to get nuked.

JFK and the scientist/historian together make the personal decision to return to Dallas and the historian watches as JFK gets shot.

Red Dwarf and it was a Cat-man and a stoner.

The MiniTruth passed its first act #001, comname: PATRIOT ACT on  October 26, 2001.

#14 2004-06-02 18:58:16

showtime17
Banned

Lizard Nazis. I bet the Lizard Zindy(sp?) went back in time and took over Hitler’s Germany and then the world.

The Lizard Nazi guy isnt a Xindi Reptilian. He looks different. He was grey, while the Xindi Reptilians were greenish. Actually an interesting conspiracy theory

http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/exposing … ilians.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/branton/naz … /nazi.html

#15 2004-06-04 05:57:40

REB
Banned
Website

I caught the ending again. You are right about the Lizard Nazis. I also got a better look at the plans attacking trip. They were American WWII planes. I had thought they were German the first time I saw them.

#16 2004-06-04 07:59:44

Gennaro

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/branton/naz … /nazi.html

I love it!!! big_smile

A German by the name of Johannes Rockefeller arrived in America early in her history and gave rise to a family line that would later finance the Nazi revolution in Germany, even to the degree of merging their Standard Oil Company with the Nazi owned and operated I. G. Farben chemical company, which provided Zyklon-B cyanide gas for the German death camps during world war II.

This little tidbit I've seen in many conspiracy theories of late. What these morons don't realize is that Zyklon-B wasn't a murder agent but a pesticide, basically a fore-runner to DDT and mainly used in the concentration camps to protect prisoners from disease spreading lice.
Which of course doesn't mean you can't kill with it, it's very efficient in that regard, but perhaps that wasn't the reason for Rockefeller's I.G Farben shares?
big_smile

Board footer