New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2023-04-16 05:56:44

tahanson43206

Book by Robert Zubrin "The Case for NUKES" Opinion Topic

This topic in Not So Free Chat is available for forum members who are would like to express the passion Dr. Zubrin's word's inspire.

This topic was suggested by SpaceNut as a needed companion to the main topic about "The Case for NUKES".

(th)

#2 2023-04-16 06:08:16

tahanson43206

Re: Book by Robert Zubrin "The Case for NUKES" Opinion Topic

In scanning "The Case for NUKES" I can see that Dr. Zubrin is intending to inspire vigorous debate, so I expect this topic to become one of the more popular in the forum archive, if the people Zubrin is poking are members.  I rather suspect he is preaching to the choir here, so we'll most likely see support for his views.

This topic is available to (at least try to) keep the primary topic in Mars Society International free of opinion.

(th)

#3 2023-05-03 09:49:24

tahanson43206

Re: Book by Robert Zubrin "The Case for NUKES" Opinion Topic

The post quoted below was entered originally into a topic set up for discussion of a book by Robert Zubrin.

The post itself was NOT composed after reading the book.  It is an opinion about ** my ** impressions from reading the book.

This topic is set up in expectation there would be folks in the forum wanting to talk about the subjects reported in the book topic, without actually reading the book.

kbd512 wrote:

tahanson43206,

Dr. Zubrin's personality and eccentricities aside, we will not be colonizing a planet with no usable air / water / soil / habitable living space, without consuming enormous amounts of energy to transform Mars or at least parts of it into places where humans can live.

I am hoping that future posts of this nature will be added to this topic.

I had hoped that every Mars Society member, and even a few NewMars members who are not Mars Society members would pick up a copy of the book.

That could still happen.  The book is available in paperback and in eBook format.

(th)

Board footer