New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-09-30 21:04:01

Seaerlas
Banned

Re: Insects milling around?

Along with the interesting soil that acts like water, and several berries showing holes/dimples consistent with organic forms... there are many samples of small specks in this gif showing movements in opposite directions, diagonal, and even in at least two cases, a speck that seems to begin at the base of a pebble and ending up halfway or on top of a pebble!
I have also noticed two "meeting" one from the left, the other from below.
I will show the gif for now (look at the small pointed rock at the upper right corner, it's the one to the left of far right, shows the speck moving up the side. then look 45 degree to right and down the lenght of the rock to see two meeting)
I will post closeups soon pointing out specific movents that need attention.
Saving and browsing around zoomed in with windows picture viewer is sufficient to see the curious patterns of motion.
Most of the area at the top seems to stay consistent, the most active areas are to the right and bottom.
Please if someone else has other sandy photos with two or more images of the same spot, let me know. I would like to see other samples.
I am going to dedicate some time to research this, and would appreciate some help with imaging. Thanks.
This image is about 1.5 inches square.
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/ … vie_br.gif

Next posts: I plan on showing some strange movements magnified.moss_touch_movie_br.gif[/img]

#2 2005-09-30 21:17:03

Seaerlas
Banned

I also think it's interesting that a few of the sinking stones look a lot like vertebrae, and one surprisingly like a little skull.
NASA colored:
mib_color1_rgbstretch-B011R1_br.jpg

#3 2007-05-09 20:32:56

X

One would think if there are enough animals around to leave a significant accumulation of bones we'd've seen one just walking around alive though.

#4 2007-05-10 00:45:05

Rxke

not again...

sigh... the "movement" is simply before and after the  placement of the gammaray test device that did its thing.

Board footer