New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-12-16 13:02:20

lzrdking

Re: Creating a Mars Society Chapter - Any ideas onhow to create a Mars chapter

Hi everyone,
       In my ever expanding ambition, I have come across the idea of setting up a chapter in my local area. Does anyone know anything that would be good to know before I start? Like is there a age or job that is required to be elligiable to start one. I'd really appreciate any information you can give me. thanks and On to Mars.

Andy a.k.a. LzrdKing

#2 2002-12-29 12:41:10

Deimos

I was wondering similar things.  I have read over all of the materials on the Society website for starting a High School Chapter and looked through the prepared presentation and script but still want some more info before I go ahead with anything.  I live in Connecticut myself, and according to the Society website there isnt a Connecticut Chapter... So can you more experienced members help me out also..

Thanks

#3 2002-12-29 14:30:59

RobertDyck
Website

To start, read the http://chapters.marssociety.org/council … tm]Chapter Starter Kits. For further information contact pattczarnik@hotmail.com.

#4 2021-08-07 09:08:25

SpaceNut
Administrator

bump

#5 2021-08-07 11:01:07

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut ... the email address is from 2002....

A quick google search revealed a name and telephone number for a person by that name living in North Dakota.

The rest of the citations were about Outlook and Hotmail.

If anyone knows (has has time to find out) please update the information provided by RobertDyck in 2002.

The forum is an entity without storage space in the Mars Society.  Perhaps there is a classification short of "chapter" that would allow the forum to "own" storage space on Mars Society servers.

The storage provided to the Canadian chapter is a model for what might be possible, but it appears to be a relic of earlier and happier times.

The storage I'd like to see would be managed by Administrators and Moderators the way a Dropbox account is managed, but owned by Mars Society.

(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2021-08-07 11:01:29)

#6 2021-08-07 12:35:59

RobertDyck
Website

Chapters of the Mars Society

Forming a Chapter

Chapters of the Mars Society are local, independent groups which are organized by members.  There are Mars Society chapters in many U.S. states, and countries around the world.  These groups typically work on Mars-related projects together.

To begin forming a chapter, fill out the Chapter Interest Form. The Chapter Director, Nora Hovee, will be in contact with you to assist with the formation of your chapter.

Chapter Activity Examples

Other Chapter Documentation

Reporting Chapter Activities

Chapters are encouraged to stay active and to report their activities (including Photos and Videos) to the Mars Society using this form:
Chapter Updates Form

If you have any questions about running your chapter, contact our Chapters Coordinator Nora Hovee.

Last edited by RobertDyck (2021-08-07 12:37:25)

#7 2021-08-21 18:15:39

SpaceNut
Administrator

Scanning some old posts found this

terrym wrote:

Hi all

Is anyone on this forum in Florida?

Any interest in working on group projects? either hardware or political? other?

Thanks

Terry Mackintosh <terry@mackintoshweb.com>
The Mars Society, FL chapter: http://mackintoshweb.com/mars/

Board footer