New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2006-05-10 12:18:54

Bentherdonthat

Re: It look like water

A long skip and a hop from Mars base camp a couple of planet explorers found like a cave a crevace opening turning into a cave they invited me to investigate. There in the cave we set up lighting and found a small stream with frost on the sides of the stream and a pool of what look like clear water. The other explorers where comenting that it is most likely some chemical or liquid gas due to the inside of the cave is minus 70% and water will freeze at 32% but what was interresting that this liquid did not vaporize like so many other fluids on Mars. This spa on Mars look so attractive to set in this pool and drink of it though, but to put ones glove fingers in it would bring back a painful yell of frozen fingers. I remember of once of visiting this cave and running out of air on the way back  :oops: making long hops and jumps trying to reinforce my self  not to give up I finaly made it back to the base blue in the face from lack of air.

Board footer