New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-08-19 18:19:42

Shaun Barrett

Re: mars

Questionable:-

Or did I get all exited about a hox email?

Yes. It was a hoax.

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#2 2005-08-22 05:31:13

Stormrage

How many lives will be lost on this foolish stunt.People are human with human tendencies. will ther not be fights amon the crew if thy get to mars.The time lapes in space travelling to mars will be difficult enough,will tempers not flare up.How large will the ship be just to carry the food needed to feed the crew also,reading material,clothing just to name a few problems.How will the building material be shipped to mars.The money needed to carry out this dream is just to large a scale to imagine sad

I suggest we kick out all the ugly female scientists and bring hot new ones. So when every there is a fight they can  8)  Bang bang  lol

"...all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by."

#3 2005-11-22 14:12:50

noosfractal
Website

Pretty much the same stuff as Earth.

Fan of [url=http://www.red-oasis.com/]Red Oasis[/url]

#4 2006-04-15 14:06:11

jims
Banned

The surface of Mars seems to be mostly volcanic rocks of the basalt variety.  Other volcanic rocks like andesite and tiny amounts of granite have also been found.  Some areas seem to have some sedementary rocks.

Jim S

My website contains photos from Mars taken by amateurs with the Mars Global Surveyor.

paws.flcc.edu/~secoskjj

Board footer