New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2006-04-13 09:42:37

student_in_need_of_help

Re: Mission to Mars

I have a science project that is due today after school, and I've stayed home from school to work on it and finish everything, but I've lost some of the documents i was going to print and now everything's all screwed up!!   
Anyways, I wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas that could possibly help me out here.... 

"Your mission is to logically think through all aspects of the real possibility of life on Mars.
Colonizing Mars for 5000 people is a small city!  You must think through all aspects of life here on Earth and make decisions of those most important to sustain life.  The trip to Mars is 6 months, in either direction."

that's what my project is, to think of a way to colonize Mars.

-Life support systems (oxygen etc.)
-shelter
-recreation
-medical facility
-wast disposal system
-construction materials
-transportation to/from Mars

Those are the things i still need to think about, but I'm really stressed out and I can't think right now, so any help at all, or website address would be very much appreciated!!

#2 2006-04-13 11:27:37

Rxke

the wiki has lots of links to extensively worked out missions, just a sec...

#3 2006-04-13 11:30:27

Rxke

http://www.newmars.com/wiki/index.php/M … on_to_Mars

but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for?

Board footer