New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-12-27 16:43:54

jims
Banned

Re: New member with pictures from Mars Global Suveyor

Hey, did you all know that we can all use the Mars Global Suveyor to explore Mars.  Through NASA's Public Target Request Program amateurs can suggest sites to be imaged. 

I've been getting back some great pictures.  It is a great day when the pictures of the month arrive on my computer.  It's like walking through an unexplored forest and finding a treasure around every corner.  I've received over 300 pictures so far.  On my new website I have displayed parts of some.  I also have listed a number of images that are pretty neat.  So far, amateurs have produced some great pictures of craters, volcanic vents, channels, mesas, buttes, dark streaks, gullies, etc.  I encourage all people who love Mars to join in the fun.

My website also has almost 100 links to information about Mars.  Each link is described and organized by groups.  It should help everyone from elementary student to graduate student. 

My website, called Red Planet Trek, is at my college web site:

paws.flcc.edu/~secoskjj

My website contains photos from Mars taken by amateurs with the Mars Global Surveyor.

paws.flcc.edu/~secoskjj

Board footer