New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-11-24 02:42:36

Rxke

Re: International Space Agency, I.S.A. ( 501c.3 Corporation )

You might consider adding yourself to our Wiki,in the appropriate place, you're welcome.

As for locking this topic, as you state this is only an announcement to list your organisation, that might indeed be a fair request, in a way, but you can't forbid people discussing a topic. Freedom of speech and all that jazz.
You should contact an admin pre-emptively to make sure this topic gets locked, if you're so certain it will get defaced. Trolling happens here. No-one is safe. And no, I haven't forgotten what happened the last time, it still leaves a bad taste, but fair is fair.

Have a nice day.

#2 2005-11-24 12:11:31

Rxke

I see you have problems logging in to the Wiki, so I made a 'placeholder'

you can find it here: http://www.newmars.com/wiki/index.php/I … ace_Agency

Feel free to add to it.

#3 2005-11-25 18:46:46

GCNRevenger

If you don't want your statements and posts to be debated, then why exactly did you put them on a "discussion board?" The very notion of requesting "preemptive censorship" is somewhat offensive.

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

[i]The glass is at 50% of capacity[/i]

#4 2005-11-26 02:06:57

Rxke

Gentlemen, gentlemen...

*I* called it pre-emptive, and in hindsight, that's a bit harsh. If you take a really deep breadth, sit back, put up some soothing music... (you get the picture) and reread the og. post, what they ask is: if people start trolling about ISA, please lock topic 'as you do with other threads' So it *is* a fair request.

OTOH, putting up the notification here, and expecting, half demanding  no-one will discuss it in the same thread, is, as GCNRevenger points out, at least a bit against the whole idea behind a discussion forum. Hence my suggestion of Wikifyeing it.
Which was done, I even helped out a little by getting the emblem displaying correctly.

Board footer