New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2005-11-03 21:54:58

spaceman9000

Re: Any Libertarians around here?

Hi, I'm spaceman9000 and I've been registered for maybe a month and I'm still getting to learn my way around. Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone in this forum is like a libertarian, Objectivist, or of a similar viewpoint. I'm just trying to get a feel for the political climate I'm in here. So far, I've seen a mix. But, just calling the libertarians out to discuss and chat about Mars mission and settlement ideas. How to hear from y'all.
-Michael

"The government that governs least, governs best"
-Thomas Jefferson

#2 2005-11-04 04:23:46

idiom

I am a jingoist I guess. Does that count?

Come on to the Future

#3 2005-11-04 06:25:21

Martian Republic

I ran into a Libertarians either here or on Red Planet forum and they don't think that the government should be investing there money on project that there not using or intend to us. So he wanted to go to Mars to get away from the government. He never explained how the infrastructure on Mars was going to get built or who was going to maintain that infrastructure or who was going to pay for it if there wasn't a government doing it and using his money to do it.

roll

Larry,

#4 2022-08-14 15:24:49

Mars_B4_Moon

'Why I Won’t Vote For Donald Trump in 2024'
https://libertarianinstitute.org/articl … p-in-2024/

'Did the FBI Win Joe Biden the 2020 Election?'
https://libertarianinstitute.org/articl … -election/

old new mars discussion
Libertarians...any Libertarians in here?
https://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2803

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2022-08-15 11:32:49)

#5 2022-08-14 15:46:47

kbd512
Administrator

Mars_B4_Moon,

"Why I Won’t Vote For Donald Trump in 2024":

The point I’m trying to make for all you infected with MAGA-pox is this: if the only reason you have left to vote for Donald Trump is you want to “own the libs,” then don’t wait for the general election to make your voice heard. Vote in the primaries and nominate a better candidate before it’s too late and you’re left with another situation like this.

Alan Mosley thinks people who are tired of watching their country slowly being destroyed by incompetent and dictatorial buffoons are infected with "MAGA-pox".

Alan Mosley is not a libertarian at all.  He's another Democrat with Democrat talking points.

This is one of Alan Mosley's "tweets" from his Twitter page, responding to someone (another racist Democrat) calling him a racist:

You say I'm a neo-confederate because I'm racist.

I say I'm a neo-confederate because I want to destroy the Union at all costs.

We are not the same.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You say I&#39;m a neo-confederate because I&#39;m racist.<br><br>I say I&#39;m a neo-confederate because I want to destroy the Union at all costs.<br><br>We are not the same.</p>&mdash; Alan Mosley (@AlanMosleyTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlanMosleyTV/status/1558441993725915136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 13, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's why Alan Mosley's opinion of President Trump is merely another ignorant piece of gutter trash to ignore.

#6 2022-08-14 16:05:16

Calliban

Kbd512, did Trump get the job done as promissed before his election, in your opinion?  Maybe the US would be better served by a younger man, with a sharper intellect and more stamina, who shares Trump's values and priorities.  If De Santis is elected in 2024, then he may just be that man.  Anyone on the Republican side that wins the next election, will be taking on the full force of Uncle Shmuel, who appears to have planted his agents in every government agency and controls the bulk of media in the US.  The Democratic party is the political arm of God's chosen tribe in the US.  Standing up to those people is not a job for an old man.  If Uncle Shmuel manages to get Trump bogged down in legal proceedings prior to the next election, then De Santis will probably take his place.  That may endup being a better thing for the MAGA movement in the long run.  Merrick Garland and his minions may end being useful idiots.

Last edited by Calliban (2022-08-14 16:05:59)

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#7 2022-08-14 16:57:29

kbd512
Administrator

Calliban,

I think President Trump did what little he could to positively affect the direction America was headed in, and was successful in a general sense, especially as it related to not starting new wars, pulling some of our troops out of the Middle East and other places, and doing what was best for America's economy.  He also did right by our veterans, our military, and minorities.  He also brokered peace deals in very rough neighborhoods.  President Trump was hated by the left for showing compassion for his own people and putting his own countrymen first.  The Democrat media machine and their politicians managed to lie often enough to interfere with his policies and distract attention away from the focus on America, jobs, our economy, and the broad general reforms to government that we desperately need.  Predictably, America's economic outlook was decimated by the Democrats after they seized power.  On that count, his overall strategy was a failure, because the Democrat Party worked tirelessly to destroy America- and they will never stop.

I'm agnostic on Trump or DeSantis.  Either will make an infinitely better President than Joe Biden or Kamala Harris or anyone else who ran in 2020, with the exception of Tulsi Gabbard, who was also attacked by her own party.  If Tulsi Gabbard was elected instead of Joe Biden, then I'd be fine with her in charge.  She's an honorable and forthright Democrat worthy of high praise.  For her trouble, her election campaign was sabotaged by the Democrats, especially Hillary Clinton, who called her a "Russian asset".  Whenever the Democrats discover someone amongst their ranks who demonstrates true faith and allegiance to the American people, they destroy them.

My 100% agreement with every policy point or quirk of personality is not required.  I overlook President Trump's many flaws because the alternatives approved by the Democrat Party are sociopaths or dementia patients or other assorted wingnuts who have no business anywhere near real power.  In closing, the only real choices are between Donald Trump (R) and Ron DeSantis (R) and Nikki Haley (R) and Tulsi Gabbard (D).  There are no other people who have the character, strength of conviction, or desire to give of themselves on behalf of the American people.

Board footer