New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2005-08-19 10:58:56

Palomar

Re: Farm Geometry

Finney County, Kansas as seen from ASTER

*The acronym is:  Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer.

Lovely photo.  smile  Though I've always been a town or city dweller, I do enjoy agriculture and being near it.  Enjoy seeing crop growth, tractors and combines in the fields, harvesting, etc.  I live in a fertile valley which grows an abundance of chile peppers, onions, lettuce and cotton primarily.  It's always nice driving past the many green and straight rows (whether here or years ago, in the Midwest).  Freshly-harvested onions lying on the ground beneath the warm autumn Sun...now that's a wonderful aroma.  big_smile

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2005-08-19 11:04:49

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Farm Geometry

What no crop circles lol

You bring up an interesting point thou with how much of each crop food to plant. The need to understand growing cycles for each and the mineral depletion that each causes over sucessive years being planted in the same places.

Board footer