New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-07-22 16:49:12

srmeaney

Re: Building your own Rover

Any Ideas on interfacing with the Computer? Electronics. Skills I have. And six large stepper motors for driving each wheel I also have.

Unfortunatly, Writing interface software in anything other than assembly language (8086) or Basic are lost to me - too long out of practice. The last compatable computer I had died five years ago and was horribly out of date anyway... Oh curse Toshiba. Their CS was brilliant. That you did not go Macintosh only killed it for everyone.

#2 2005-07-23 01:57:50

Rxke

Check out Basic Stamp, then.
probably exactly hat you need: a 'brain' you can program in some sort of BASIC, interface-capabilities etc...
You can find *lots* of driversoftware interfacesoftware, schemata etc... for free online.
http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/prod … stamps.asp

#3 2017-05-06 08:07:19

Dave_Duca

SUDDENLY  --  TWELVE YEARS LATER

The Parallax Website has evolved into a googooplex of possibilities.
Excellent !

I've been craving to make a Rover and just give it the MDRS so they can
use it for a long-term Geodesic Survey with ground penetrating radar.

Frugality can also defy cost with the use of old mobility chair components
MAKER SPACES and Classified Ads are good sources.

We want good, time-proven hardware with State-of-the-Art "remote-ware".
Parallax, Hobby King, Servo City, and several dozen other vendors have
an almost intoxicating selection.

RF Remote Controls - Telemetry - FPV with On Screen Display - is seriously State Of The Art !

Last edited by Dave_Duca (2017-05-08 08:41:01)

#4 2017-10-25 06:50:40

Lena01
Banned

NASA's Mars Exploration Rover (MER) mission is an ongoing robotic space mission involving two Mars rovers, Spirit and Opportunity, exploring the planet Mars. It began in 2003 with the sending of the two rovers: MER-A Spirit and MER-B Opportunity—to explore the Martian surface and geology.

smile

Board footer