New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-06-14 10:53:31

Palomar

Re: NASA:  OPAG - Mighty ambitious...

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0 … .html]Read me

*Way too complex to try and summarize.  Involves plans for Europa, Neptune, Titan, Jupiter...And for this reason am creating a separate thread (impossible to put this into one already-established thread, IMO).

OPAG (Outer Planets Assessment Group) was formed in late 2004. 

Mentions the use of blimps, a Europa orbiter, US/ESA collaboration.

Lots of stuff in here.  Wow...hurry up with the funding, let's do it all NOW!  big_smile

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2005-06-14 11:11:16

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: NASA:  OPAG - Mighty ambitious...

One could go to all those places but unless the cash can flow for modest probe concepts then all we will end up with is a mega probe to only one of them.

Now if we had made 2 cassini probe combo's instead of just one we would have had it ready on the success of the saturn successful exploration of titan in standby mode just waiting for its time to launch.

Board footer