New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#26 2004-11-19 16:18:14

Palomar

Re: entrepreneur - funding

...I do not want to be beholden to corporate fat cats, over whom we have zero say and who aren't accountable to us in the least

And also, I want to be ::a part:: of going to Mars;

wouldn't my sugestion meet these two conditions?

*Hi John.  I don't doubt that you have good and sincere intentions.  However, I have 2 questions:

1.  Who will oversee the collection of funds?
2.  Who will oversee the overseer?

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#27 2004-11-20 00:04:31

comstar03

ecrasez_l_infame (cindy)

Travelling in the first vessels returning to the moon or going the next step for mars will require the people needed to establish the facilities that will eventually bring the first colonization vessels to mars for the mars settlement. That will take time, If you want to be in the first vessels then you need a skill or specialization that will be required.

#28 2019-01-29 18:25:53

SpaceNut
Administrator

wow need to fix this one...

Board footer