New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-10-24 02:39:27

Rxke

Re: Brazil launches rocket into space - success at last!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3948531.stm]BBC

Congratss to all the people working on this!

Close to the equator, they might eventually prove a tough contender in the launcher market.

#2 2004-10-25 07:49:23

SpaceNut
Administrator

Yup the ever changing face of space faring nations. One more in the game only adds to the chance of some nation getting back to the moon someday.

#3 2004-10-25 08:45:16

GCNRevenger

Its more of an accomlishment then you might think, since they had the VAB explosion that wiped out much of the engineering staff and infrastructure.

Is it even an orbital launch vehicle though? I kinda doubt that it will be much of a contender for multiton GEO launches.

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

[i]The glass is at 50% of capacity[/i]

#4 2004-10-25 10:33:50

SpaceNut
Administrator

The rocket to which plans have been made to export them to the European Space Agency they are destined to be a replacement for the British-made Skylark rocket. Brazil plans to sell up to 15 of the rockets, which can carry up to 870 pounds and fly up to 155 miles.

Board footer