New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-10-08 13:51:41

BWhite

Re: Sol-III and other - Mars or space web-logs

wgc again claims Bush is good for space and Kerry is a train wreck. Been there, done that. Whatever.  :;):

However, I have to say his http://sol3.typepad.com/]Sol-III website offers some interesting possibilities for some space related fun. 

So setting all that election hoopla aside, I ask, who can point me to other "cool" space themed bloigs?

Since typepad and livejournal are so darn cheap, maybe I will create a website that provides links to cool space blogs others create.

Thoughts?

Give someone a sufficient [b][i]why[/i][/b] and they can endure just about any [b][i]how[/i][/b]

#2 2004-10-15 08:19:02

wgc
Banned
Website

Re: Sol-III and other - Mars or space web-logs

Yes sol3:darkside is a little project of mine that I hope to get back to very soon. I promise the political junk will be archived once the election is over. I’m sorry but I think President Bush would be better for the country and certainly the space program, that is my opinion and I respect all opinions.
Sol3 is envisioned as a novel, my first, and I’m not sure I have all the skills to do a full novel. So I thought what I would do is put a chapter out at a time and post it to the web and see what the reaction from readers are.
That’s were I am now.

In addition to that I wanted to do the following:

·    Provide an initial scenario for a chapter, and let 
             registered users contribute, i.e. I would provide a 
             brief overview of what was taking place and the
             user could contribute the rest.
·   
             Provide and area where registered users can 
             brainstorm some of the sites and equipments for the
             story.

·     Provide a blog of real space events.
·    Provide an area were registered users could
            brainstorm real designs, like all the discussions of cev
            designs in this forum. I’m not sure a forum is the 
            best venue for something like that. I’m thinking 
            maybe a wiki would be better.

So that’s the overall plan, I have two shared hosting sites, one has 60gb per month of bandwidth and 1.2 g of storage the other has 800 mb of storage.

The tool available on the sites is:

Moveable type – which the typepad blog may be moved to soon.
Mamboserver – a really cool cms like phpnuke
Invisionboard – forum

And wiki

Look at our other site http://www.distributed-home.com]www.distributed-home.com that has nothing to do with space to see were I might go,

so what do you think any interest?
I will be looking for in addition to contributors, moderators and web page suggestions.

portal.holo-spot.net

Board footer