New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-10-02 00:04:32

Martian Republic

Re: To Whom It May Concern! - Going over LaRouche's space policies!

I know that a lot of you people don’t like Lyndon LaRouche, so you can disregard this post and this post is not for you. For you guy’s that don’t like Lyndon LaRouche, GOOD BY!

But, for the rest of you people that don’t have any opinion about Lyndon LaRouche and will at least lesson along with hearing thing that you have not heard before or are at least open to new ideas, WELCOME!

I have lesson to all of these and I can assure you it is of very high quality stuff that you can’t get any other place. This stuff will flat blow you away with what they know and teaching each other and what they can show you too. Most of this was from there last conference that they had Labor Day Conference, September 4, 2004. That where most of this stuff came from about one month ago. They had a split conference with one in L A,  California and other one just out side of Washington D.C. But they had about a thousand people of so between them. Most of the time they had a Video link between them, but some times they had subset of mini conferences too which were not broadcast. Most of these have three format for the same section, because they are webcast except the last few further down where it is noted that it in written print. So the format is in Video, Sound and Very high data link at 300 kbps. It in that order. Most of this stuff will be in about a two hour section of time. So you will want to set fair amount of time if you choose to either watch or lesson to it. If you have a connection that will support video then you will want to use that connection, because they got some excellent presentation that you will miss if you go audio. Why should you watch it? Well, there are two reason you might consider watching it. One is to expose yourself to new ideas and concepts. Beside if you don’t like what you see, you can choose to reject it. The other reason watching it, well it beats watching TV if you had to make a choice and it even better than a movie that you might go to too.

But, enough of all this hype. I will give you a brief of what inside of each section. Also these people are pro-space and most of these things either deal with or promote the ideas of space and space development. You will find this a reoccurring theme of finding our humanity and developing the creativity of man and going into space is the ultimate in being human and being creative.

This first one is dealing with the physical economy of the United States. It deals with the build up and tear down of the United States over the late 80 to 100 years or so. Going into space is only mentioned a few time and are not the main focus. The reason you should be interested in it, they will use the same basic polices for space that they will use for rebuilding America and Space is the ultimate science driver.

Animating dead economics.

http://www.larouchepub.com/eirtoc/confp … ...vid.asx

http://www.larouchepub.com/eirtoc/confp … ..._lo.asx

http://www.larouchepub.com/eirtoc/confp … ..._hi.asx

It comes from accent Greece & Egypt. It was adopted by the Council of Florence during the Dark Ages. Spherics, Platonic Solids, Classical Music was the foundation of Holistic Classical Science that took us out of the Dark Ages. Kepler knew about Spherics, Platonic Solids and Classical Music and it was knowing this that he was able to figure our solar system and they go over some of the details of how he did it. But, they decided to take a slightly different approach to it. They decided to tell it from the Martian vantage point or there view of the future looking back from Mars about 50 or 60 years into the future. They even get into why going into space helps the physical and is absolutly necessary for the development of mankind and a necessary activity for us to engage in and for human. I will not spoil it for your.

Spherics

Is kind of a continuation of what they did with Spherics and science from a Keplers point of view instead Newton point of view. They get into evaluates and envelopes, circular motion, Platonic Solids, Corneal spirals and they get into the physical economy.

Riemannian Geometry

Lyndon LaRouche has been on this idea of build a city on Mars of a hundred thousand people since 1985 when he was running for President. So he is a hard core space advocate of the highest order and come highly recommended as some one that will support space programs. His primary reason for going to Mars and building a city is to force the need to develop new technology that will expand the physical economy. You deliberately pick something you can’t do in space so that you will have to develop new technologies to accomplish your national mission, but you don’t want it to be too hard or be too far into the future to be able to accomplish it. He generally referees to it as his science driver and is his primary purpose for having major space projects by NASA. The first one is a PDF file you can read it. The other two are about 15 to 30 minutes long. The first one is a Video and the second one is sound only.

LaRouche’s 1985 Moon-Mars Mission: An Idea Whose Time has Come.

http://www.larouchepub.com/eiw/public/2 … ...eat.pdf

http://larouchein2004.net/pages/other/2 … mars88.htm

http://larouchein2004.net/audio/0401_ma … mars88.asx

Another reason that LaRouche want to go out to Mars. He want to take telescope out there to look at things like the Crab Nebula and if those telescope are to be maintained you have to have a base out there. That means your going to have to have people out there to support the maintain of those telescopes. But, to support the people that are out there your going to have to have a fair size base out there. Lyndon LaRouche want to put science city on Mars to support all those telescopes out there and maintain them too. These are PDF file Number I and II. These were done by the Lyndon LaRouche Youth Movement or the LYM.

Youths’ Scientific Challenge: ‘The Crab Nebula and the Complex Domain’

For those of you that like things like this, ENJOY IT!

Larry,

#2 2004-10-02 11:39:14

Rxke

No comment yet, just pointing out:

About the first 3 links: the .vid version gave me *very* low quality video, (36kbps) for me it's pretty useless, I initially thought it was Bush speaking (honestly, I did!)

If you use broadband, better click the .hi version, for a much better picturequality... (I got 308kbps) There I saw the speaker was wearing glasses...

#3 2004-10-02 12:21:50

Rxke

Half an hour into the first lecture, and I must say...

What are they talking about? Numbers, charts, ups and downs... Very, very incoherent, IMO.
Making some link with geographical variables affecting economics?

Off-topic: She says: "...evil-doers: Franklin Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson...who promoted KKK"

Is that true? In Ghent, where I live, a big square is called "Woodrow Wilson plein" (square)... The city's library and administrative buildings there sport the name in their adressline...

(Edit:) AAAARGH!  :rant: inadvertedly stopped the stream, and discovered when restarting, there's no way to fast-forward...

#4 2004-10-02 13:05:01

Martian Republic

Half an hour into the first lecture, and I must say...

What are they talking about? Numbers, charts, ups and downs... Very, very incoherent, IMO.
Making some link with geographical variables affecting economics?

Off-topic: She says: "...evil-doers: Franklin Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson...who promoted KKK"

Is that true? In Ghent, where I live, a big square is called "Woodrow Wilson plein" (square)... The city's library and administrative buildings there sport the name in their adressline...

(Edit:) AAAARGH!  :rant: inadvertedly stopped the stream, and discovered when restarting, there's no way to fast-forward...

Woodrow Wilson promoted KKK while he was president of the United States.

But, they like Franklin Roosevelt and they generally like his policies and say we need to go back to those policies.

They also don't like Teddy Roosevelt. Although there in the same family Franklin Roosevelt with Teddy Roosevelt, they follow different family haritages within that family.

Teddy Roosevelt traces his family value to his Civil War uncle that worked for South as Secrete Agent in France primarally and was a British Sympathizer.

Franklin Roosevelt traces his family value back to Issac Roosevelt who was either working with or around the Alexander Hamilton and the First National Banking system. Franklin Roosevelt also was exorting everyone to read the U.S. Constitution to understand what it means.

Beside talking about the building up and the tearing down process that been going on in the United States, they also mention some of the key players on both side.

Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson are on one side and Franklin Roosevelt is on the other side.

That way you won't feel like you came in in the middle of a conversation and will be able to understand what there saying.

I have not been able to do just part of it either. That why I told you it would take about two or so to see it. Hopefully you seen enough that you make a descission as to whether it worth seeing or not.

I'm sorry that you can't see section of it and then go to the next section. When I first taking there literature, you can read it and not totally understand what there saying. They could be talking about something that was based on one or more historical facts or history that you didn't know. So you will look at what there saying and kind of have a blank stare, because you don't know what talking about.

If you have such a problem, I will be glade to answer your question if I can.

Larry,

#5 2004-10-02 13:47:18

Rxke

*Sporting big bump on forehead, because of hard impact with said forehead on desk, repeatedly...*

So they were obviously talking about Teddy Roosevelt... I probably confused the two...

I'm now in the middle of some kind of buffering-hell, sigh. I absolutely ::hate:: streaming media, it just does not work reliable enough... Probably doesn't help I'm on the oher side of the ocean, grin...

The Roosevelt stuff... (doctrine?) Big public works to get unemployment down, and economy up, right? (ok, overly vague, i know it's more than that, but learned about that more than 15 yrs ago... so scared to say wrong things)
But a lot of economic big guys today argue very low unemployment is *bad*, in the current economical system because it makes wages higher... For industry it's better to have a surpluss of unemployed people, who will happily work for lower wages, in less optimal conditions etc.
Guess its the Dem vs Rep line all over again? And neither party likes his twist?

I read the .pdf quite awhile ago, bout the Martian city. Too bad, but won't happen in this world, IMHO...  Too much other 'interesting' things to throw money and recources at...
The players on the stockmarket would make it impossible, they prefer bubbles above hardware... And the stockmarket rules he world. Sigh.

#6 2004-10-02 13:54:54

Rxke

I thought that was what they were showing: recession/growing of economy, linked to certain presidents, but even at high quality, not all the charts are clearly readable, so for me it was confusing...

Anyway... It's not going to impress people, I'm afraid... when for instance you say (as a Dem) today's eonomy under GWB is bad, the Reps blame it on the predecessor (a Dem, of course,) and vice-versa... That's true everywhere, here in Belgium the same is going on... Sooo predictable...

#7 2004-10-02 15:41:24

Martian Republic

>>The Roosevelt stuff... (doctrine?) Big public works to get unemployment down, and economy up, right?<<

You have to remember that Franklin Roosevelt had to learn what to do himself and much of the stuff he did, he did by trial and error. But, as he when along, he modified what he was doing and improved it. So some of the stuff he did to restart the U.S. Economy, he did by accident and then kept doing it once he did something right.

Well, that is partly right. The Big Public works started out to be primarily just make work project to keep American employed, but wasn't of anything else. That what most people that don't like FDR usually cry about and Social Security. Then FDR turned his Big Public Works projects to building road, dams, power plants, etc. then the U.S. begin to start it economic turn around. It took a few years for it to take hold and for FDR to tweak the system as he learned more. He had to fight against Big Bankers like J.P. Morgan, Harrimans, Rockefellows, who were trying to block FDR effort to revive the U.S. Economy. It was this building up of the American infrastructure that made America the industrial power that it was that could build war material that defeated the Japanese, German and Italian in World War II.

But a lot of economic big guys today argue very low unemployment is *bad*, in the current economical system because it makes wages higher... For industry it's better to have a surpluss of unemployed people, who will happily work for lower wages, in less optimal conditions etc.
Guess its the Dem vs Rep line all over again? And neither party likes his twist?

>>But a lot of economic big guys today argue very low unemployment is *bad*, in the current economical system because it makes wages higher... For industry it's better to have a surpluss of unemployed people, who will happily work for lower wages, in less optimal conditions etc.

I read the .pdf quite awhile ago, bout the Martian city. Too bad, but won't happen in this world, IMHO...  Too much other 'interesting' things to throw money and recources at...
The players on the stockmarket would make it impossible, they prefer bubbles above hardware... And the stockmarket rules he world. Sigh.<<

Actually the same guy that arguing that we need unemployment is the same guy that saying we should not build a city on Mars or spend money on any space efforts. People who are pushing these position are either ignorant or they know what there doing and maybe they have a vested interest in some venture that requires ignorance on the general population. That guy is basically stealing from people like a common street thug, but he throws that catch phrase out there to hide what he doing and make it acceptable or at least tolerated. Ultimately it come back to two different ways of thinking and how you choose to view wealth and what you choose to call wealth. The other view concentrates on uplifting people and considers that wealth or the productive power of the individual to product future through creative activities. This person going in the opposed direction that the guy that you were talking about. He deliberately choose to invest in people and in building up infrastructure and engaging in science projects like going into space. This was the original intent for creating the United States and the U.S. Constitution is based on this principle and is the national mission that our founding father had.

>>I thought that was what they were showing: recession/growing of economy, linked to certain presidents, but even at high quality, not all the charts are clearly readable, so for me it was confusing...<<

Starting with President McKinley at the turn of the twentieth Century to about 1967 or so. There has been a more or less build up of the U.S. Physical economy. Even though we had some bad between President Franklin Roosevelt and President McKinley who was a Civil War General and supported the same policies that Lincoln did, we more or less progressed forward. With the exception of the American Rail Road which peaked out at around 200,000 rail miles in 1926 and today it down below 100,000 rail miles today. I'm talking about things like bridges, subway system, power plants, dams, locks on rivers to make them navigable, a plan to bring down 10% of the Mackenzie River down the Rocky Mountain Trench to water western states or the NAWAPA, which go shelved and was not built. Since about 1967 that infrastructure was aloud to break down and is in complete disrepair and now we are at the breaking point of a complete of the American economic system.

>>Anyway... It's not going to impress people, I'm afraid... when for instance you say (as a Dem) today's eonomy under GWB is bad, the Reps blame it on the predecessor (a Dem, of course,) and vice-versa... That's true everywhere, here in Belgium the same is going on... Sooo predictable...<<

I'm sure each one is blaming each one, but since George Bush has come into office, the United States has lost over three million jobs and the U.S. Economy is approaching Herbert Hoover type Depression. But, enough with the blame game.

We need to go back to a FDR type policies to rebuild America again, which is what there pushing on this forum and actually built that NAWAPA project to bring the water down. They have an old film put out by the government where they show it right at the end of this section and say this is a project that worth doing. They look at space the same way, we are not going into space to do another Apollo mission. we plan on going into space with thousands of people. First to the Moon and then to Mars, but when get to Mars, we intend to show up in force and not just four or six or possibly ten people.

Larry,

Board footer