New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-09-16 15:48:19

C M Edwards

Re: MARS Spin-off's - Anything useful BEFORE the trip?

Have there been any notable and/or unique inventions developed for the Mars Analog Research Stations which might prove profitable if developed here on Earth?

"We go big, or we don't go."  - GCNRevenger

#2 2015-11-29 22:15:54

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: MARS Spin-off's - Anything useful BEFORE the trip?

Fixed artifacts from version conversions.....

Actually I wondered about this topic as Nasa always seems to have lots of claims as to spin off products that have been developed as a results of what they do.

So what are the product developements or technologies that Mars Society gotten by doing Mars Research at these analog sites?

obvious list starts with
1. Sabatier reactor

but falls short on being in eveyones homes...

Thou I could use one to help in the rust filled water for drinking at my home and for a means to have fuel for heating, hot water and for cooking if there was enough created.....I could refeed the system with the Co2 from burning the fuel for heat and hot water.

Are there others that the public need to be made aware of?
I would hope so.....

Board footer