New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-09-11 04:38:15

Palomar

Re: Please Rename

*Hi Adrian/Josh:

Could you please rename the

http://www.newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3260]Snag & Bag thread to:  Genesis, Stardust, Etc.:  Snag & Bag 

The thread also deals with future plans for Mars sample return missions, Dr. Jeff Bell's opinion piece regarding Genesis, etc.  It's a multifaceted thread.

I'm loathe to have it moved to the Unmanned Probes folder however.  Primarily because Genesis is no longer an unmanned probe obviously (and when it was, there were only the occasional status reports of it functionally nominally and the like, because it "simply" floated along collecting solar wind; pending/planned Solar science from it was posted in "Heliopolis").  Also, we've got so much data/discussion continually incoming regarding the MERs, Mars Express, MOC pictures, Cassini-Huygens, MESSENGER (which is also slated for, IIRC, 2 flybys of Venus) and pending probe missions that it seems we have enough traffic there already. 

It is for those two reasons primarily that I started the thread in the Science & Technology folder.

Anyway -- please rename the thread at least.  Apparently folks aren't using the "Search" feature.  Thank you. 

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

Board footer