New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-08-08 14:47:55

Martian Republic

Re: SHOULD THE LAW OF GRAVITY BE REPEALED? - Is questioning law of gravity of Newton.

SHOULD THE LAW OF GRAVITY BE REPEALED?

Because if what there saying in these two article are true, that would open up the door to the development of new technologies and such. We will also have to rethink our positions and how we intend to accomplish our goals too.

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/a … ...ty.html

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/a … ...cs.html

Any comments or discussion?

Larry,

#2 2004-08-09 03:53:58

bolbuyk

Re: SHOULD THE LAW OF GRAVITY BE REPEALED? - Is questioning law of gravity of Newton.

I've not read very precisely, but I've just read Hawking, and he explains something about the unification of the four forces. (Gravity, electromagnetism, weak force and strong force, not sure if this is correct English). Unification of electromagnetism and weak force is nearly obtained, unification of this force with the strong force seems reasonable, unification of gravity is yet speculative, but it could be possible. If unification of these powers is possible, technics can be imagined to convert electromagnetic force into gravity and create 'virtual masses' maybe also negative ones. We'll see.

This makes space-flight a more interesting job.

#3 2004-08-09 15:51:37

Martian Republic

I've not read very precisely, but I've just read Hawking, and he explains something about the unification of the four forces. (Gravity, electromagnetism, weak force and strong force, not sure if this is correct English). Unification of electromagnetism and weak force is nearly obtained, unification of this force with the strong force seems reasonable, unification of gravity is yet speculative, but it could be possible. If unification of these powers is possible, technics can be imagined to convert electromagnetic force into gravity and create 'virtual masses' maybe also negative ones. We'll see.

This makes space-flight a more interesting job.

These people believe in the classical holistic sciences based around Kepler, Platonic Solids, Spherics instead of Modern day sciences based around Newton. They believe that electricity/electromagnetism/gravity/magnetosphere are all inter related processes and are probably different manifestation of the same root source. That is there basic line of attack as to what we are looking at here.

If that is so, it opens up the door for artificial gravity and even anti-gravity forces for some like gravity plate like they have in Star Trick, but it also would give us the ability to make shuttle that would be making scheduled flight into space like air lines do now between city and either cost the same of even less..

At the present time it just hypothesizing that may or may not go anywhere.

But, I thought it was interesting.

Larry,

Board footer