New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2004-07-13 16:20:45

darkangel_neptune
InActive

Re: Does anyone know about japanese anime? - like Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, anything?

Does anyone know about japanese animation cartoons?

Why do everyone try to understand me when it only confuses them even more?

#2 2004-07-13 22:30:13

Rxke

Re: Does anyone know about japanese anime? - like Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, anything?

Apart from the obligatory Ghost in the Shell, not really.
I've recently read Striker, and a French(!) 'Manga'
(Arrouan, a series with a kid that has an 'universal' interface, so he can 'talk' with literary evrything, being used by government  as super-hacker, but he can also 'talk' to sand, stones, the memory of people etc...)

#3 2004-07-14 11:33:35

Earthfirst

Trigun, cowboy bee bop, are cool, they are on the cartoonsnetworks adultswim. Has an seen Aqua teen hungry froce, sea lab 2021, family guy. Those are funny, it is great to have cartoons that are total made for kids. I always though it would be funny to inject my own comments into, shows, ofthen writers just dont go far enough. Like for leave it to Beaver on TV land, iot would be very funny if the beave told his mom, "no I wont go to my room, I go were I want you old bat, I am to smoke with wally"
Or just make things insane, wried, or antisocal. Like on friends Jowy just starts shooting every one! with water! :laugh:

I love plants!

#4 2004-07-14 13:03:10

~Eternal~

Eh I kinda of like Cowboy Bepop, its pretty interesting but the whole 'Earth is unhabitable do to explosion' theme is a little lame, plus the 'Martian way of life' is to unrealistic.

The MiniTruth passed its first act #001, comname: PATRIOT ACT on  October 26, 2001.

#5 2004-07-16 21:24:27

darkangel_neptune
InActive

has anyone heard of Inuyasha? that is my favorite. :band:

or Chobits?

#6 2004-07-16 23:13:17

atitarev

I like Hayao Miyazaki's animes - "The Spirited Away" is his best. Good story, good to watch with a family. Among the old ones I like "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds", "Kiki's Delivery Service", "Laputa (The Castle in the Sky)" and "Porco Rosso."

I also like "The Ninja Scroll".

Japanese animes help me with my learning Japanese that's how I got interested in them. The bulk of the animes are not so good, I prefer to watch when someone recommends.

Anatoli Titarev

#7 2004-07-17 12:38:40

darkangel_neptune
InActive

i like kiki's delivering service too, but i havent seen any of the others are they good?
:band:

Board footer