New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2004-06-28 19:09:23

DERF

Re: Disney's Mission: Space - Edutainment?

So Disney has a http://disney.go.com/vacations/missions … h.html]new ride that supposedly is an experience where you are taken on a voyage to Mars, as well as a "simulated" lift-off. I saw a special on it on the Discovery Channel, and I was wondering how accurate/realistic it actually was. Does anyone know anyone who has gone on it and can give thier own opinion?

It sounds like they have gone through a lot of effort to either make it realistic or fun - I can't tell much more from the website. Apparently on your "team" of four you are assigned different roles. Pretty spiffy and attractive to me at least.

#2 2004-07-08 00:06:57

DanielCook

Re: Disney's Mission: Space - Edutainment?

I was at Epcot in April and tried out Mission: Space. I would say it's a push to say it's "realistic" in the very scientific sense, but it is a whole lot of fun ...

-- memento mori

Board footer