New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2004-06-16 10:04:10

Palomar

Re: SpaceShipOne & Laughing Gas

http://www.space.com/businesstechnology … o...rubber

*Okay, interesting.  :-\  Maybe that's what's going on in another thread here...beware nitrous oxide.  wink

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2004-06-16 11:04:43

Rxke

I can't believe Space.com posting this, this is so... old news it's starting to smell!

i think if you google it , you can find gazillions of bad jokes about this, more than a year old

(Okay, I confess: i never liked Space.com for some reason... So i take any chance to swipe at them i can, like *2* popups everytime i visit? Ugh, makes me glad i changed to the Mozilla browser, for sure!)

#3 2004-06-16 11:29:34

Palomar

I can't believe Space.com posting this, this is so... old news it's starting to smell!

i think if you google it , you can find gazillions of bad jokes about this, more than a year old

*Really??  yikes 

Well...  ???

I'm sure I'd not read this before, but I do so much reading.

Yeah, space.com makes it sound like it's NEW news...

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

#4 2004-06-16 12:14:06

Rxke

aaaaw... Sorry Cindy, this was *not* meant as a critique on you, after re-reading my entry, it does sound a bit (?) blasé, mr-know-it-all...

It's just that i not only frequent NewMars a lot (toom much?), but I'm following the Reusable launch vehicules eagle-eyed, too. All of 'em, heehee...

BTW, Armadillo did a very nice testlaunch of (one of) their subscale vehicule(s), check their site! J.C. has stated he's going orbital in the -unspecified- future, too!

No, I never sleep, why do you ask?  big_smile

#5 2004-06-16 12:45:22

Palomar

aaaaw... Sorry Cindy, this was *not* meant as a critique on you, after re-reading my entry, it does sound a bit (?) blasé, mr-know-it-all...

It's just that i not only frequent NewMars a lot (toom much?), but I'm following the Reusable launch vehicules eagle-eyed, too. All of 'em, heehee...

BTW, Armadillo did a very nice testlaunch of (one of) their subscale vehicule(s), check their site! J.C. has stated he's going orbital in the -unspecified- future, too!

No, I never sleep, why do you ask?  big_smile

*No sleep?  yikes 

I didn't take anything personally...so there's absolutely no need for you to apologize or anything. 

Okay Rik, so you're running on adrenaline (lack of sleep)...I'm running on stress.  Too bad there's not a way to bottle up those sorts of energies and sale them to the rocket companies.   :;):

--Cindy

#6 2004-06-16 13:13:19

Rxke

Hee Hee...

To make sure: i do sleep, i'm just behind my 'puter too much, oftentimes.

(and sometimes i *do* not sleep for days, running on caffeine, too bad my voice wears out after day two... Wich is a real bugger on oral exams and the like...)

Board footer