New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-04-21 08:46:58

REB
Banned
Website

Re: The Alpha Centauri System - Anything about the Alpha Centauri System

I read this article in Astronomy Magazine many years ago. I am glad to see it on the internet. It is one of my favorite Astronomy articles.

[http://homepage.sunrise.ch/homepage/sch … tauri.html]http://homepage.sunrise.ch/homepage/sch … tauri.html

There could be up to 4 (Unlikely but possible) habitable planets in the Alpha Centauri system. If you placed the Solar System around Alpha Centauri A, Earth and Mars would be in the Life-zone. If you placed our Solar System Around Alpha Centauri B, Venus and Earth would be in the Life-zone.

I do disagree with the Author about Alpha Centauri C and Red Giants. Would shouldn’t write them off yet. They may surprise us, just like Europa’s possible ocean surprised us.

"Run for it? Running's not a plan! Running's what you do, once a plan fails!"  -Earl Bassett

#2 2004-04-21 09:40:28

REB
Banned
Website

Re: The Alpha Centauri System - Anything about the Alpha Centauri System

Doh! I hate it when I make grammar errors. That should be 

"I do disagree with the Author about Alpha Centauri C and Red Giants. We shouldn’t write them off yet. They may surprise us, just like Europa’s possible ocean surprised us."

"Run for it? Running's not a plan! Running's what you do, once a plan fails!"  -Earl Bassett

Board footer