New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-04-12 20:32:22

dicktice

Re: International Space Agency, I.S.A. - International Space Administration

I, for one, don't think so. If "the Zubins" won't answer. . . .

#2 2004-04-19 19:30:39

eric_apollo_tech

I checked this group out, and even had a reply email from Mike McCarthy and Jerald Schneider.  Mike McCarthy seemed concerned about the negitive posts by a few people on the Mars Society message board.  Mike said he has known Dr. Dobson since 1993, and even attended a few of the diplomatic meetings in 1993 & 1994.  He said Dr. Dobson is like most very smart people, a little odd at times in his approach, but indeed worth listening to.  He also said Dr. Dobson has had a very rough time with attacks and criticism about his vision for the International Space Agency, and has faced many Political and Economic hurdels.  He said many of Dr. Dobsons inventions and projects are very interesting, and it was sad they did not get the proper support.  Said it was the nature of the beast, or something to that effect.

He told me that Dr. Dobson and his work was like the Wright Brothers work, not understood, and plowed under by the trends of the day.

I have asked this Clark guy to let me know where he has gotten all this bad information from, but as of this post I have yet had a reply.

As a major supporter of the Mars Society, I am concerned as how Dr. Dobson was treated when he came to this Mars Society message board.

I hope that more level heads, and facts will prevail in the future.  I also hope this Mars Society message board will not spin into a name calling match, as I for one stopped going to space.com because of this child play.

------

Apollo!  Why did we stop!  Dammed if I know?

#3 2004-04-19 19:49:25

GCNRevenger

Well "Doctor" Dobson did kind of accuse member(s?) of this board of being evil subversive oppressive secret government agents that are part of a conspiracy to "stop him" at every turn and went on to propose things which are so optimistic as to defy any real measure of respect...

My next thought is that Mr. McCarthy is likewise possessing a few screws that need tightening in his cranium. Nutty conspiracy theorists travel in packs.

Oh and Dobson really didn't bring or state anything to improve his credibility other than some pretty pictures and a half-finished home made website with ideas that other people have already had.

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

[i]The glass is at 50% of capacity[/i]

#4 2004-04-20 08:13:51

dicktice

Sadly--not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I'm afraid. Persecution complex, with dilusions of grandure. Needs help from outside the MS.

#5 2004-04-20 08:43:44

clark

Don't worry, I'm watching.   :laugh:  big_smile

I have asked this Clark guy to let me know where he has gotten all this bad information from, but as of this post I have yet had a reply.

Either I am in error, or I am not. Let Rick answer the questions posed to him.

#6 2004-04-20 17:55:34

clark

Hey Eric, wasn't Rick Dobson kicked off of the space.com message board? Perhaps if you've encountered him there, you might give us your perspective on what caused the deletion of all his posts refering to his International Space agency.  big_smile

#7 2004-04-23 20:40:28

eric_apollo_tech

clarkry barky pal,

I am very very intersted how little old clarky barky might get such a dirty little low down on someone he just seemed to just meet, and had no hidden political or academic dirty tricks up his "nose"?

You like picking on people don't you clarky barky!  You enjoy seeing others in pain and discomfort, hmmm!  Fun Stuff?

Little Perverts like you get their rocks off by pulling the wings and legs off poor little helpless insects.

Me and my freinds, buddy, pals at the CIA in LANGVA would really like to know?

Really!  We would?  clarky barky pal!

#8 2004-04-24 01:51:30

Rxke

Cut it guys, this is boring AND distracting for the other people...

PMming eachother might be a good idea, or why don't we start a separate thread, called 'free for all,' or 'deathmatch' ore something similar, where the fighting takes place? big_smile

I like this board for the civilized way in wich people tend to *disagree*, and i'm sure i'm not the only one, please let's keep it that way.

(Ahem, harrumph: 'And let these boards be a shiny example for the unwashed masses' ... Cough...)

Okay, I'm done preaching.

#9 2004-04-24 09:30:07

eric_apollo_tech

so Rxke, you answer for clark now too?

At first I totally disregarded in large part what dobson had to say about someone or some organized group of someones with an axe to grind with him?!  I just assumed it was teenagers flamming him?  Now do not think this is the case, as I have seen to much source specific information used to slander this dobson guy, and far far to much focused interest in him, and his posts, to be just teenagers flamming people.

so ole clarky barky chief weasel who was acting like, I never met this dobson guy before and did not know anything about him, was just making some freindly replies to his posts and stuff!  I don't have any agenda or anything.  What a load of crap!

The more I find out about this whole affair, the more it stinks of weasel "dump"!

I will ask again clarky barky, how is it that ole clarky barky seems to have come by this information of this dobson guy being kicked off space.com?  Someone would not have such information that is so source specific and can't be found in any search engine!  This type of source specific information can only be aquired by either being directly involved in getting this dobson guy kicked of space.com, or by being freinds or partners with someone who was involved!?

Either way this whole affair stinks of some real big weasel "dump".

I find it even more interesting that clarky barky seems to have message board unnamed icons like Rxke, divert public attention when ever the focus is on ole clarky barky the weasel master, or should I say weasel leader?

I do not think any of you people are with our organization, and have seemed to think you can take over our Mars Society message board to spout your trash and enable your agenda against people like this dobson guy!

I am even more concerned that the Mars Society leadership, who I know is aware of this crap going on here, has not stopped it!  And dobson is not the problem, he is clearly the victom.

If the moderators kick dobson off, then every one else who chimmed in on this little parade should be axed as well!  Ole clarky barky at the top of the list!  If dobson is kicked off in anyway, I and few others, will leave the Mars Society and with draw our support.  Including two of my freinds that are corporate backers of the Mars Society.  The book of King Arthur who dresses up in commoners cloths and goes out into his kindom to see the truth, is a book the Mars Society leadership should read.  The way I have been treated both here on "OUR" Mars Society message board, and in private letters to Mars Society officers, which up until now I had respect for, has been very bad.  When they knew who I was and was making out the $5000 check's to them, they were very nice to me.  Now that I have addressed these problems on this message board, and in private, they have talked down to me and have totally disrespected me.  I do not agree with what was, and still is, being done to Mr. Dobson.  Many others I have spoken to in private agree with me as well, and have not posted here about it because they do not want to be attacked like this dobson guy was, and now me as well!

If dobson was kicked off space.com I can only wonder if clarky barky the chief weasel and his fellow band of weasels were at the center of such an event!?  And as I have said before space.com is a toilet full of little turds anymore anyway!  It would now seem the space.com toilet is overflowing, the the little turds "clarky barky" are now taking over our message board as well!

I have the main list of all Mars Society members, and am dammed well thinking about sending out a letter to all of them about this whole affair, and how people who make major donations to the Mars Society are treated.  At least 10 people who have spoken to me in private about his saga, are themselves members of the Mars Society, 2 of them Corporate members.  Agree with me that this whole affair is wrong, and what was done to this dobson guy was most surely slander in the highest order.

#10 2004-04-24 10:59:15

Josh Cryer

Rxke is not speaking for clark, he's treating both of you equally, Eric.

As far as I know, Dobson is not kicked off of New Mars, and he and everyone is welcome to post as long as their behavior is civil. Calling someone a "nazi" is bound to result in you getting warned.

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#11 2004-04-24 11:03:18

Rxke

You're overreacting...

Clark is a long-time member of this board, and has his own sense of humor. So do a lot of other people, BTW.

Anyone that visits space.com's msgboards fairly frequently, knows who gets kicked off etc... There's no big secret about that.

Stop name-calling, you're getting yourself into trouble. Given, it *is* unfair, because you are 'new' but 'oldies' tend to get more 'slack' when...

Nevermind.

I was in earnest. Stop this discussion, it will lead no-where but trouble. there has already a thread being locked about this.

#12 2004-04-24 12:46:18

Josh Cryer

You guys know I don't close topics, but after rereading this topic again, well, what can I say.

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#13 2015-11-23 20:33:24

SpaceNut
Administrator

Fix the topics artifacts all but for admin's but it indicates that it is a closed top so have posted this update and then will try to lock it again....

#14 2015-11-23 20:35:02

SpaceNut
Administrator

Had to open the topic and then will try it again....

#15 2015-11-23 20:36:22

SpaceNut
Administrator

Well found the first software bug in this version....as closed does not mean closed....

Board footer