New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-07-12 12:22:22

Adrian
Website

Re: Administrators and Super Administrators

I'm sure I've pointed this out before, but here is the reason why my member group is called 'Super Administrators'.

There are several levels of control that you can have over these forums. You can simply be a member, which allows you to post and reply. You can be a forum moderator, which allows you to move, delete and later posts in specific forums. You can be an administrator, which essentially means you are a moderator for all forums.

Finally, the creators of this forum software (i.e. not me) made a group called 'Super Administrators' who can access *all* the administration features of the board - in other words, they can ban users, change the design, archive posts, create new forums, and so on.

I think there could probably have been a better name than Super Adminstrators, but then there's nothing I can do about it. And I hope that should explain it for everyone.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#2 2002-07-12 13:34:22

Palomar

Re: Administrators and Super Administrators

*Thanks for doing a splendid job with the message boards, Adrian.  When I first joined the Mars Society in June 2001 the message board set-up at the time was nigh impossible to access, even though my ID and password were issued by the Mars Society itself; and one had to re-enter the information each time one wanted to post at those message boards.  Also the layout of that message board system was not as precise and detailed as this one is.

In short, *this* message board is much better and is a vast improvement from the previous setup, it goes without saying!  I decided in May 2002 to "try my luck again" with the MS message boards, not knowing they'd been improved/overhauled/whatever.  I was surprised and pleased -- and still am, of course -- with the changes and improvements I found.

It's sad that you had to explain the setup in this manner to some persons who may feel insecure or intimidated by certain words...oh well, that's life I suppose.  ???

Thanks again!  smile

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

Board footer