New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-03-05 04:52:47

Jim Burk - MarsNews.com
Website

Re: MarsNews.com Relaunched

Five years ago on March 5th, 1999, MarsNews.com was begun by myself and Dustin Green to provide the latest news and information about the planet Mars.  It started out as a project of the Mars Society's Puget Sound chapter.  Later that year, I was given an "outstanding volunteer" award by Robert & Maggie Zubrin for my efforts to increase the visibility of the Mars Society by maintaining MarsNews.com.

To celebrate the fifth anniversary of MarsNews.com, we have re-launched the website with lots of new information and special features.  Among the new improvements for MarsNews.com are the Mission Status Center, a one-stop location for information about current missions; the NewsWire Database, boasting links to news articles about Mars going all the way back to 1996; the Mars Weather Center, providing daily updates on the atmospheric conditions of Mars; the Mars Event Calendar with several types of Mars-related happenings, and much more.

MarsNews.com also includes complete overviews of all previous, current, and planned Mars missions, such as the Mars Exploration Rovers Spirit and Opportunity, Mars Express, Mars Pathfinder, Mars Global Surveyor, Viking, and Mariner.

We even have descriptions of failed missions like the Mars Polar Lander, Mars Observer, and Russia's Phobos 2.

For all this and much more, you can visit the website at:
[http://www.marsnews.com/]http://www.marsnews.com/

Best wishes,

James Burk
Founder and Editor
MarsNews.com

James Burk
MarsNews.com

#2 2004-03-05 21:52:39

Jim Burk - MarsNews.com
Website

Thanks to everybody who has visited the site and forwarded your comments.  It means a lot, and it's good to know the Mars Society is solidly behind our efforts to bring the latest Mars information to the mainstream!

James Burk
MarsNews.com

#3 2004-03-06 05:58:38

Shaun Barrett

Hi Jim!
    I've visited MarsNews.com innumerable times over the past year or two and I've found it to be very informative. Thank you.
    At present, though, I'm having trouble seeing the Headlines listed down the right-hand side of the page because the main items, on the white background, overlap them.

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#4 2004-03-15 15:37:04

Jim Burk - MarsNews.com
Website

We got a few emails about this problem but have never been able to reproduce it; for some, it cleared up after a reload.  Can you email me a screenshot if this is still happening for you, and also tell me the details of your browser, OS, etc.

Thanks!

feedback-at-marsnews.com

James Burk
MarsNews.com

Board footer