New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2004-03-03 06:56:48

Rxke

Re: Personal Messenger corrupted? - Get no messages in box

I Got a PM-notification though my email-account, yesterday (or today, dunno with the time zones...)
but on the board itself my box is empty...
I suggest that people 'tick' the option "Send a confirmation email when I receive a new private message" in your email settings (in "your control panel")

That way you get a copy through your regular email-account...

#2 2004-03-04 08:53:44

Rxke

Hmmm... And now it seems to work again...

#3 2004-03-04 14:35:29

Palomar

*Rik:

I previously experienced a rash of problems with my messenger as well.  I'd get notification of having received a message, but absolutely couldn't retrieve it.  I had to access my e-mail account and read the message there.  This went on for a couple of weeks, including not being able to *save* messages I sent (I was able, somehow, to send messages during that time).

All of my previous messages, except 5 or 6, were wiped out entirely of both In and Out boxes.

It's functioning very well now, though still not as perfect as before...

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#4 2004-03-04 15:47:06

Rxke

Yup, that's about how it did with me, too... I get email-notifications with the PM in it, luckily, but i'm suspicious several PM's i sent never reached their goal, because some 'intensive talking' suddenly stopped, or not getting answers etc... i assumed people were too busy, but might be the PM's got 'lost' on their way to the recipient...
I'm not an intense user of PM, but occasionally it is a neat way to point people to topics they might like, giving people a thumbs-up etc...

#5 2004-03-22 23:33:22

Rxke

Hmmm... Another PM that got lost in the empty nothingnness...
SomebodyPMmed me, but it doesn't show up in my inbox, only a day later i found out, via checking my yahoo!mail-account.

So no big loss, but a nice discussion interrupted.

Board footer