New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-03-02 14:11:42

Field Marshal Mathers
Banned

Re: Well, Here we go.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/03/0 … x.html]CNN- NASA announcement

I just wanted to be the first one to post it. I've been waiting for it all day.

#2 2004-03-02 17:04:52

Dook
Banned

Re: Well, Here we go.

I was greatly disappointed by the anouncement.  Not to say that it's not important but I wouldn't classify it as a 'significant' discovery necessitating a press conference to announce.  We already had a pretty good idea that mars once had liquid water.  I guess it's my own fault that my expectations were too high but I was thinking that they either found liquid water on mars now or maybe came across some kind of tiny fossil.  The threads kept popping up in my head, maybe they were made by some kind of small sea snail or spider type creature and NASA found a fossilized shell.  I know it's a crazy idea but that's what I was thinking.

Board footer