New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2004-02-09 23:38:00

ERRORIST

#2 2004-02-10 12:33:54

Rxke

Re: THEY FOUND YETI FROZEN IN SIBERIA

No dis, but this is quite old news, had a discussion on this on the Spacedaily messageboards...
Almost 5 months ago or something like that. Strange there are no follow-up mesages in the news..........

#3 2004-02-10 13:47:20

Earthfirst

I hread nothing about the yeti in the news, I think that if they could find compelt Mammoth dna that would be a bigger story. Then we could bring back the mammoth, or even the neonandertall and open a place called ice age world. That would be the coolist thing ever.

I love plants!

#4 2004-02-10 15:57:55

Mundaka
Banned

neutral

Macte nova virtute, sic itur ad astra

#5 2004-02-10 16:00:58

clark

LOL! :laugh:

Mundaka, you can have your governor back.  big_smile

#6 2004-02-10 19:51:38

ERRORIST

I agree was it real or not? Would they try to make a new species of man from it?

#7 2004-02-10 20:37:15

atitarev

I agree was it real or not? Would they try to make a new species of man from it?

... and send him to Mars.

AAAAAARGH!!

Anatoli Titarev

#8 2004-02-10 21:01:01

Earthfirst

This park would be better because Mammoths cant eat you, and cave men are easly controled by perty women like in trazen. The ice ages were much cooler than the dinosaurs because it is part of are history. I mean is that we killed off the only other being that were as smart as use. If they had lived on a island were humans could not out compete them then today we might not be alone.
Besides we owe it to are cousins the neandertals and mammoths we killed them off, so to right a wrong we sould bring them back.
Mars would make a great home for them no humans there to kill them.

I love plants!

#9 2004-02-10 23:07:20

ERRORIST

I want to know why we didn't report this story in the USA. It is huge news.

#10 2004-02-11 04:02:26

Adrian
Website

It wasn't reported because it is, as yet, a totally unreliable story. It's not a BBC News story, it's a BBC News story about a Russian TV story, and Russian media has notoriously bad standards. There are precious few details to go on, and the only attributed 'scientific' evidence there comes from a veterinary anatomist looking at pictures of X-rays, which can easily be faked - and even if they weren't, he believes they look human anyway.

There are three possibilities, which I will list from least likely to most likely.

1) It's a real Yeti
2) It's a human
3) It's a fake

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and as yet, there is no proper evidence. That is why it's not being reported, just like the news doesn't report the dozens of UFO sightings that happen around the world every day.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#11 2004-02-11 10:21:07

ERRORIST

I didn't know there were dozens of UFO sightings every day.
Anyways, about the Yeti,I saw one when I was sixteen years old. Out in Redlands in South Dade county Florida, my parents owned a house in a rural area. They call them "Skunk Apes" down there, and there have been many sightings of them. I was going to the bathroom in the morning, and there it was staring through the window at me. That window was 9 feet off the ground, and his head took up the whole space. All he did was grunt at me. It scared the ? right out of me. I was lucky to be where I had to go. I quickly ran, and got my dad in the other room, and we went outside to where the window was. We heard the beast running through the woods breaking 3 to 6 inch sized pine trees along the way. The woods were to dense to follow, and we were to scared to chase after it.
Later that day after school was out, our neighbor was out in the front yard with a .38 in his hand, and his weimerammer dogs. He said he had chased the beast but couldn't get a shot off. This guy had sailed around the world in six foot sail boat that he made, and wrote a book about the adventure. So trust me, I know they exist. I saw one, and no I didn't do any drugs or drinking.

#12 2004-02-11 17:51:21

Mundaka
Banned

neutral

Macte nova virtute, sic itur ad astra

Board footer